3D Printed Tank Trooper Helmet

beerman

Not too long ago I made one of Sean Fields Shore Trooper helmets and was so impressed with how easy it was to put together with all the registration tabs I thought I'd give his tank trooper helmet a go. Shore trooper thread https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=283862

All the parts needed.

T4sjRaD.jpg

Glued some bits together.

ME559r7.jpg

Lets get some priming done.

syWX9MR.jpg

F4EjL07.jpg

All primed and ready to be put together.

qLuR6xX.jpg

All together now :)

6ZaidCV.jpg

FtHdnqD.jpg

I had a bit of an issue getting the cheek/face section to mount with the helmet section so I've had to get a bit drastic with the filler

zWo0vOV.jpg

Everything nice and smooth for spraying.

b9QjywH.jpg

Pause any action to go see Solo:

FSi8HwR.jpg

A few coats done:

m5Xt9ve.jpg

Here's the bit I had to rebuild. Hopefully it's not too noticeable.

wYlLSpK.jpg

The back.

1rGKU0y.jpg

Oe6Srzo.jpg

Got some detailing done.

DZ2mY8r.jpg

Jj4VfOm.jpg

And did the tramlines, not my best effort but will hide my crimes with weathering.

qrebHHy.jpg

I made the visor from a visor I didn't use for my shore trooper. It was the near perfect shape already, I only had to trim two corners off.

DY9zuBn.jpg

RP6C6dR.jpg

I did have a mishap with the cheek greeblies. I put in the glue, placed the piece carefully with some pliers, sprayed the activator and at that point it slipped out of place so I mashed it down further into the whole before the activator worked. I printed another and added it in.

Mx7HTgL.jpg

tWu90M6.jpg

I'll probably weather soon. It looks too clean.

SL4ww67.jpg

I had not actually discovered his stuff. That's for the lead -- and moreso for chopping up the helmet as you did. I don't have a lot of time or practice with that, and I use a Prusa i3, which has a build volume of 250x210x200mm, so I wept tears of joy when I saw what you'd done. Now I just have to do the same with the armour. -_- Do you have any idea how much filament you went through? I don't have much stocked, but I will lay in more as needed (I already know I will probably need a pallet of the stuff for the armour).

I had not actually discovered his stuff. That's for the lead -- and moreso for chopping up the helmet as you did. I don't have a lot of time or practice with that, and I use a Prusa i3, which has a build volume of 250x210x200mm, so I wept tears of joy when I saw what you'd done. Now I just have to do the same with the armour. -_- Do you have any idea how much filament you went through? I don't have much stocked, but I will lay in more as needed (I already know I will probably need a pallet of the stuff for the armour).

I wish I had a Prusa lol, This was all done on a crappy Tevo Tarantula. Your build plate will fit the original models on it as that what it was split for originally.

I couldn't really say how much I used for this one. I was printing in between changing filaments for other things. I had a black loaded so printed some in that, the top of the helmet in a random white filament I had laying around and then the mouth and the cheeks in PLA+ which prints lovely. The shore trooper if I remember was just under 1 roll of filament if that helps. My thoughts were I was spraying it anyway so colour didn't matter.

I wish I had a Prusa lol, This was all done on a crappy Tevo Tarantula. Your build plate will fit the original models on it as that what it was split for originally.

Wow, really? I apparently misread what you were saying about the plate size. So all of his that aren't the "complete build" are split for the size I've got?

Wow, really? I apparently misread what you were saying about the plate size. So all of his that aren't the "complete build" are split for the size I've got?

Yes they should fit yours fine. It was pretty frustrating looking at models that are only just bigger than my build plate. I didn't want to scale them down so started chopping :D For example the largest side on the blast shield for the shore trooper is 210mm and the main dome section is 235mm.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back