Cheap PKD water gun Holster

Kri5

So as I'm attempting my first cosplay to my 2nd ever comic con I wanted to bring my first prop I worked on...my Blade Runner PKD water gun. To help the look, I decided I needed a holster. From the usual research I found the brilliant leather replicas but they were a bit out of my price range, especially considering the budget blaster to begin with!

So I'm trying out a cheap alternative; using craft foam, and old faux leather jacket...and thats about it! So far i've made the two main pieces, covered them in the faux leather, and added another layer of EVA to get to the right material thickness (and hide some crimes). I also started hand stitching the white details around the edge.

Before anyone mentions it, I know the real holster was brown, but as I already stuck with the blue blaster grips, I decided to not necessarily aim for a deckard replica (I also only had a black faux leather jacket to cut up!)

I'm really happy with the finish so far with not too much time spent, and really happy at how cheap the materials are!

Let me know if anyone has any tips or things I could improve; or just any comments would be great!

Thanks for looking!

Kri5
46e5cef1bab97635c3afe6dfcf3217e9.jpg
c2ff1a629fd2af2c862ca75b90d8070f.jpg
c43d8bd036fc09354c3edc57a8ad11d6.jpg
9bd9a4e404f83a9715c879f012a8e7e8.jpg
f2997fec7fa42469c236293b1c0ad4fa.jpg
34470e07a3f4028e1e063cdc30d0d563.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Some progress! After several hours of hand stitching, it's finally all together, along with belt loop!

All that's left to do now is add the strap to secure the blaster in place and I'm ready for the con!

Any feedback would be awesome!

Kri5
cd99330a4e6d30fdf9e8826e0ae83654.jpg
85345feda4173cafcca92e274d25a4b0.jpg
e027408808e850fbc213e2407e901e1e.jpg
aeac5a73ba6deae72ef62eeaeb48a7bd.jpg
feb68ab3c31ffd0e56be8d1e9d685568.jpg

I think this looks great! A black holster to match the blue grips...works for me. :)

I attempted to make a holster for my water-pistol PKD, but since I filled the grip with resin to add weight, I couldn't get it to hold the gun in place without messing up the paint job--the heavy grip kept causing it to slide out. Does this one do a pretty good job of keeping it in the holster and oriented properly?

I think this looks great! A black holster to match the blue grips...works for me. :)

I attempted to make a holster for my water-pistol PKD, but since I filled the grip with resin to add weight, I couldn't get it to hold the gun in place without messing up the paint job--the heavy grip kept causing it to slide out. Does this one do a pretty good job of keeping it in the holster and oriented properly?
Thanks for the comment! Yeah I think the black and blue work well too!

I've found so far that the gun stays in position relatively well, but because the foam isn't quite as rigid and thick leather it does loosen quite easily and even without being filled with resin the grip does sometimes pull the gun out the holster. I'm not sure if its all the foam's fault or just that the measurements arent perfect (I drew the templates freehand from some reference pics). Either way I'm planning to add a strap across the front of the holster secured with a snap fastener, to make sure I don't end up chasing the blaster around the con floor!

Kri5

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back