Production Use Money

Woodfj02

Hello All, I am not sure if this is posted in the correct place and please advise me if not however, I am looking for some production use only money or some high res scans of money to be used in props. Any help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Woodfj02

Anyone able to provide me with some high res HD scans of notes for use. (Single side prints possible for legal requirements)
Many Thanks,
Woodyj02

Its not complicated to print replica bills but keep in mind the possible ramifications of doing so. To keep yourself off any potential watch lists, never save a file under the name of what it is, never scan or copy any bill on a system with internet access (a legacy system is best), use an old printer with no internet/wireless ability (again legacy items), choose recycled paper that has visible fibers and a flat sheen (the paper I use is about 30 years old) as generic copy paper is too bright and the wrong texture and weight meaning the completed bill will neither look, handle, fall, crimple, fold... like anything remotely similar to the real thing, alternate the green hue for depth and character so not every bill looks the same when grouped together, for piece of mind use the same serial number, never print front and back instead opt for a mirror image (same image front and back), never allow a front and back printed bill leave your eyesight if you must have it for on set use, generic industry notes are 15% larger or smaller, must have "for motion picture use only" printed on them, and something about the presidents face I forget must be altered if not used at all. A decent paper cutter is your friend.

There are various real life instances of prop money being passed off as the real deal. Ive always personally informed local establishments within a couple blocks of filming that prop money was to be used and if any came to their shop to know where it came from. That alone has avoided a few instances of extras/background talent from going to jail. Its hard to believe but some idiots see green and go ape poodoo over it thinking they can get ahead. If youre going to print prop bills, dont be an idiot. Treat every bill as if its a loaded weapon.

IMG_2625.JPGIMG_2630.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back