Blade Runner Off World M2019 Upgrade

A couple of last updates before I tie a large lump of concrete to this thread and sink it forever in the depths of the forum.

With all the other stuff I have on at the moment its been nagging at me to finish the M2019 off and put it to bed for good. So on with replacing the barrel with a metal one.

I opted in the end to buy one of the cheaper Tomen replacement barrels off the bay to use as a starting point rather than starting from scratch and save myself some time.

The barrel was the right length and diameter which was a good start but the holes for the upper receiver were in the wrong place for the M2019 which I'd guessed they would be.

I cut the plastic barrel off the frame with plenty to spare (probably too much but better to be safe, you only get one go at it). and filed back the stub until the hole in the bottom lined up with the crane bolt on the mag housing. - I had to open the hole in the frame slightly to take the stub on the new barrel.

Next fit the receiver and use a flat milling cutter to spot face the position for the new holes - then drill and tap. - Yes there is that much difference that the hole don't overlap - there is a good 2mm of metal between the two, which was good for me considering the next step.

So out with the welder and fill up the holes followed by a quick spin on the grinder to smooth things out. (I drilled and tapped the new holes first as I thought there could be problem with hardening the metal during the welding process that would have made drilling and tapping afterwards a problem).

Below are photos off the freshly blued Barrel fitted to the frame with the upper receiver in place. (sorry there are no photos of the process up to this stage I was cracking on with it and forgot to take any).

20180601_075822.jpg20180601_075817.jpg20180601_075811.jpg

I've taken the opportunity while its in pieces to clean up and repaint the magazine housing. so i'll be re-fitting this at the weekend.

Note the extra two holes under the barrel which I added to allow 2 extra screws in the underside of the mag housing.

I'll post the final pictures after the weekend.

That's it, Job Done, It's finished. Call it a day.
The only plastic parts left are the main frame around the cylinder, the cylinder, the bolt handle and the end cap on the back of the bolt.

20180603_181832.jpg20180603_181844.jpg20180603_181854.jpg20180603_181916.jpg20180603_181921.jpg

Mmmmm. starting to get the urge to machine a cylinder for it. Arrrgggggh :eek

That’s a great looking blaster you have there!

I guess machining the cylinder is the final step if you want to make a replica of the ‘prop’. I never considered it to be too important as I thought that the blaster was intended to be a mag fed weapon and the ‘guts’ of the Bulldog revolver were just there to fire blanks.

Either way, I love your work and thanks for showing it :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back