Rey's Saber contest winner announced

Re: Rey's Saber contest Voting page. Photos are now up

I vote for A. The imagery of ray twirling this like a marching band baton is too entertaining to let go. That aside the vote would have been to Q as to me when opening up each entry image it looks right on the money. Confirming A is my vote:-Twirl twirl

Rey* p.s well done entrants. That Macquarie saber is a win in it's own right.

I vote K. I like the idea of reusing the graflex and basically rebuilding the rest. I like that it is a long hilt and can be handled like a staff (kinda)
(My runner up was L), I love the idea that it could be a double bladed saber and use it like a staff, but it looked like a graflex with a Maul emmiter at the bottom, too simple.
So for me K is the winner! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, L and M scream "use what you have" for parts. I am very torn between the two of them. I think at the end of the day these two are really be reminiscent of a hybrid between her staff and the existing Graflex. Both are an excellent meshing creating something new from what is old and two halves becoming one. Between the two, I believe M is more in line with what she has immediately available to construct a new housing for the Graflex internals and would be the quickest repair/rebuild to get it going again.

Great thoughts and job of building some unique sabers to all. The creativity is amazing!

M

After this is all voted on, I do want to know who made M, I want one of those!

Last edited:

My vote is for K. Though a hodge-podge of sorts, it has a simplistic elegance that appeals to me.

Great work by all, this was not an easy call!

Oh this is difficult. All look fantastic, but C, E and K are doing most for me.

If I'm going to have to choose, then I think E..

Great sabers, all of them.

But the one that screams the loudest "REY!" to me is M.

So many great works of art!
And hardly anybody mentions it, but the texts are a lot of fun to read too! My short list is: D, E, H, J, L, M, O & Q

but my final choice goes to D
because I think it's most feminine and powerful at the same time and fits best with Rey.

entry D

Wow great job all. Me feelings are if she makes something brand new it will more like a staff weapon than a typical "sword" light saber. I don't see any like that so if I think she had to make a typical light saber she would repair the one she was already comfortable with and had an affinity for and that means "M".

H

Looks like it could have been pulled straight from the original trilogy. Well done all! So many awesome designs.

They’re all great and it was hard to narrow it down to one, but my vote is for M. D and E are tied for second place.

Awesome work all around everyone!

My vote goes to D. It evokes Rey's character while also being unique. In the spirit of this trilogy finding heroes beyond legacies, her saber should have it's own identity as well.

Wow! I’d been excited for these photos and they didn’t disappoint. Everyone did an awesome job.
My vote is for entry E. It’s perfect, as far as I can tell.

Nick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well... I liked a lot of them... but gotta go....

M

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back