Information needed on ships from the old "Space Above and Beyond Series"!!

darkev2

Hello

I have found some 3D files for the primary Fighters and Ships from the series SPACE ABOVE AND BEYOND but I have no "firm" idea as to their supposed "in-show" sizes. The sizes I have found are as follows;

. Sa-43 Hammerhead Fighter Length 11.5 Meters Wingspan 12.5 Meters

ISSCV CARGO SHIP Length : 50 meters Height : 4.8 meters Wingspan : 4 meters (typo I assume but)

Chig Fighter (length 27.6 M, Height, 17.9 M, Width 18.9 M

Chiggy Von Richthofen (Still Looking)

So if anyone out there has the correct Specs on these craft and/or can confirm the above are correct (except for the ISSCV) I would GREAT APPRECIATE some HELP!!!!

Thank You!!

Last edited:
I HATE to respond to my own post but after a TON of Online Search Time I offer the following;

Hammerhead Length..... Model Length at Different Scales
Meters .....Inches ...........1/72 ...... 1/100 ......1/144
11.5 .......452.7559........6.2883 ....4.5276 ....3.1442

cf96f88e22ed5e287b9cdc1a5cf98cc6_preview_featured.jpg

Chig Length ...........Model Length at Different Scales
Meters .......Inches.... 1/72 ...........1/100 .......... 1/144
20.5 ......807.0866...... 11.2095 ......8.0709........ 5.6048

f16367c55268794359ad2373fed33096_preview_featured.jpg

ISSCV Length .........Model Length at Different Scales
Meters..... Inches ......1/72 ...........1/100 ...........1/144
25.25..... 994.0945 ....13.8069 .....9.940945......6.9034

5f0b0b43d4a744516d2c31612d59fe51_preview_featured.jpg

Mine you the accuracy of these specifications given we are talking about CGI created vehicles and not old school models is well QUESTIONABLE. But I loved the show and hopefully, I'm on the road to getting these ships in the same scale!!!

cf96f88e22ed5e287b9cdc1a5cf98cc6_preview_featured.jpg

f16367c55268794359ad2373fed33096_preview_featured.jpg

5f0b0b43d4a744516d2c31612d59fe51_preview_featured.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
darkev2,

I dug out my old links for the show and many of them are dead. I did searchs over two days and couldn't find any reliable sites for the specs on the ships. There were several on Deviant Art but they are fan produced so that leaves the question as to whether they are accuate or not. Sorry I couldn't find any other for you.

Don

Hey Don

Thanks for Trying!!! I actually have two resin kits of the Hammerhead. The bigger one is from a run by an outfit called Studio-2 and that one is in 1/48 scale (and least the pilot looks like such) and the other smaller one is given my research in 1/100 given its length and it's by Larson Models. I will have some issues with the bigger kit since there is a "major" warp in the leading edge of one of the wings. I think the wing was pulled out of the mold way too early and it "sagged".

Since there is no way I'm finding resin kits of either CHIG Fighter and the ISSCV to match the Hammerhead in 1/48, I hope to soon get the rest of the ships Printed in 1/100 scale.

Darryl

darkev2,

I dug out my old links for the show and many of them are dead. I did searchs over two days and couldn't find any reliable sites for the specs on the ships. There were several on Deviant Art but they are fan produced so that leaves the question as to whether they are accuate or not. Sorry I couldn't find any other for you.

Don

Hey Don

Thanks for Trying!!! I actually have two resin kits of the Hammerhead. The bigger one is from a run by an outfit called Studio-2 and that one is in 1/48 scale (and least the pilot looks like such) and the other smaller one is given my research in 1/100 given its length and it's by Larson Models. I will have some issues with the bigger kit since there is a "major" warp in the leading edge of one of the wings. I think the wing was pulled out of the mold way too early and it "sagged".

Since there is no way I'm finding resin kits of either CHIG Fighter and the ISSCV to match the Hammerhead in 1/48, I hope to soon get the rest of the ships Printed in 1/100 scale.

Darryl

Darryl,

There is company in the States that does a resin Hammerhead, Chig fighter and Chiggy Von Richtofen all in 1/50th scale as well as a few other S:AAB ships, Here is their link;
http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/acme4155/default.htm

Just use the list on the top left of the homepage.

Federation Models does a 72nd Chig fighter as well, scroll down about a third of this page;
http://www.federationmodels.com/model_kits/miscellaneous_models/default.htm

JT-Graphix took over Howling Wolf from his late partner but his website is inn a holding stage as he recovers from surgery.

Chris Larson does a whole ton of small scale sci-fi ships. He bought Comet Miniatures some years ago and sells most of the old line along with his new ones. He doesn't have a website per se but does sell from his FB page as well as his eBay page.

This site has a listing of all S:AAB kits that are or were available, might be of some use to you;
http://www.modelermagic.com/?cat=70

Don

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back