Alien Motion Tracker

Djblingbling1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Lt2yU5q.jpg

iOyq2Eq.jpg

S95mHBr.jpg

I picked up this TV on ebay crazy cheap to build a Alien motion tracker.

Its almost so clean I dont know if I want to convert it, although not like I will do anything else with it if I dont.

Likely will be a slow build but I will post updates as I go!

Nice, I have one sitting around for a while that I want to convert also. I have a gully cover if you need one. I have been waiting for leads on the rest of the switches knobs and misc greeblies. I will be following this with interest!

Mike

Nice, I have one sitting around for a while that I want to convert also. I have a gully cover if you need one. I have been waiting for leads on the rest of the switches knobs and misc greeblies. I will be following this with interest!

Mike

That would be great! I found some in the UK but shipping is a lot. I think im going to just collect all the parts, and then I can justify gutting it.

fT5rkMn.jpg

6uOzytm.jpg

4uR8syM.jpg

Gutted!

I saved everything as well...Im telling myself one day ill build a wooden cabinet and make a retro tv for a NES or something out of this.

I plan to re-use the sling mounts as well for a pulse rifle sling....give it a bit of a crossover, and make it something I can really play around with....I think my kids are gonna love searching for xenomorphs when this is all done!

hayIJ38.jpg

3D greeblies I whipped up

xLZldBs.jpg

Pretty sure I snagged this photo from Birdie

How does this look? I just set them on there to test fit...I think I need to double my thickness.

All of "greeblie #1" glued in place! Really happy with the results via 3D printing this part.

Not sure what I want to tackle next, I need a source for the round knobs that go on top, dont seem to find a lot of info on specs for those.

jh3XsHG.jpg

3i7Oq88.jpg

TCijBka.jpg

Nice to see someone else working on one of these. I've been basically collecting pieces for now and haven't really done much else with it. I'd like to end up making it fully functional
but I'll have to see how complicated that'll get. Here's what I've got thus far.

tmstrpr 746.JPG

That looks great ^^^

I got my slider knobs today..they have a little nub at the bototm so now i have to go through and sand 23 of the damn things down :(

stunFqD.jpg

a8UOcbd.jpg

I designed some guides to help me lay my slider knobs out, really happy with it! I cant do anymore until I find the size of the round knobs, if anyone has dimensions it would be a huge help!

9kPgqql.jpg

VyuuL9l.jpg

u0E4bNS.jpg

Lots more printed up...still need to do some cleanup and sanding on the 2 parts not attached. Anyone know what the piece is on the front that the wires from the pioneer gauge attach to? I need to find a ice cube tray, and order my grate, but other than that its all just hours of staring at reference photos and modeling the parts up!

I have a pretty good idea of how I will handle the lights and sounds, but thats a ways down the road!

Looks like your making some good progress. I'm not sure what that piece the wires go into is. Not finding much on it either. I've been trying to find the sensor tube. I think it's some type of oscilloscope cover but haven't been able to find the exact one. Confection funnels look promising but can't find an exact match on that either.

Before:

YdNfcgH.jpg

After:

pZQ3E1J.jpg

Im spending as much time modeling parts as I am on guides for gluing them...this one also has a hole I can use to drill dead center for when I install the blue light....which has been ordered with the 2 red, and one large white. The red ones I got look dead perfect, blue, is close enough.

I have the "screen" modeled, but I want to get all the greeblies installed before I worry too much more about perfecting it.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back