I've Got a Good Feeling About This!

gman71

Han Solo Front.jpgHan Solo Front 2.jpgHan Solo Shooting.jpgHan Solo Right.jpgHna Solo Left Side.jpgHan Solo Back.jpg

Thanks Egon. To head off questions at the pass, the honest truth of the matter is that it IS Anovos, but I bought it second-hand. Anovos and I are at odds and I wouldn't (and couldn't even if I wanted to) purchase from them first-hand. Which is good! I'd prefer to pay someone else to deal with them rather than ever go through that stress again. (Sorry, not sorry. Not trying to start ******, it's just the way it is.)

gman71

P.S. The quality of Anovos PRODUCT is outstanding!

Last edited:
LOL! I normally wear my hair a bit longer. Like Episode IV Han. I had to cut it for this. I'll DEFINITELY pass on your compliment to my hairstylist!!

- - - Updated - - -

...Karmajay, your comment made my frickin' week, man. Thank you!!

gman71

Didn't you have that great show off thread on the Magnoli/Todds gear? What're your thoughts between the makers?

looks great....I grew my bread to be old Luke and with the proper outfit you can be the character....keep it up we all need Hope!

Egon, I did have a Magnoli ensemble before. I don't think I'm comfortable telling folks what I think between the difference in companies and quality of build, though. What I would have to say would start a *****-show and I'm not down for spawning another debate in this forum. :)

Respectfully,

Gman71

Gotcha. Just wondering about the differences in fit, color etc.

Totally get why you would hesitate though! No disrespect to magnoli on my end either. I own a couple items by them (including the falcon gloves!)

To answer Egon's question...

Ok. So, I purchased my Anovos Standard Han Solo Bespin ensemble from a private seller who wore it once and decided he looked like a fool because of his body type and lack of hair. He sold it to me at below-cost. I already had the holster from a previous order with Anovos.

With that being said, despite my bad relationship with and feelings towards Anovos, their product--at least the cloth and leathers that I've had from them--are simply outstanding. They are very well made and fit and drape just like the screen-used ensemble. The Jacket is the correct blue hue, though I wish I had the premiere jacket. The only thing I can see about the jacket that strikes me as odd is the left sleeve rectangular pocket flap. It seems awfully narrow compared to all the others I've seen.

The shirt material is actually quite substantial and the fit is great. Not too baggy at all. But it doesn't seem to drape as lazily as the premiere shirt would have. Two of the four snaps on one side were hanging off by a thread and I had to reattach them. One thing I do wish is, that they'd have put the invisible snaps all the way down the front of the shirt instead of only 3/4 of the way down because the shirt separates, then pulls on the top snaps as you move around, sometimes unsnapping them.

The pants were shorter than I'd expected, but not in a way that affected their wear. I was just hoping for full-length so I could find other creative ways to wear them in their down-time. They are the premiere pants, so the materials and design and fit are all very accurate. The one thing I wish were different, otherwise, is I wish the elastic bands used for stirrups were adjustable. I had to remove them and redo them with adjustable straps because, as they shipped, they constantly and significantly fought to pull my britches clean off! Once I got that adjusted right, the whole ensemble fit and felt as if I were wearing normal clothes you'd buy off the rack (with the exception of the constant slight downward tug of the elastic stirrups on my pants).

Overall, I think Anovos's Han Solo Bespin ensemble is the best on the market and well worth the purchase price, provided it's in stock.

Now. Magnoli Clothiers. I like Magnoli's quality and customer service. Love it, actually. I also like the man. He seems a good person. That makes it hard to give my honest review, but here goes.

Magnoli also makes respectable Han Bespin ensemble pieces, but there are some minor differences in both appearance and fit that ultimately steered me back to Anovos's offerings. At one time, I owned their Jacket, Shirt, and Pants, but sold the them.

The first thing I have to say about Magnoli's is that they custom-tailor your clothes. I found the feeling of tailored clothes to be restrictive and slightly uncomfortable, especially in the pants where I'm not used to butt-hugging pants. The pants were GREAT, and full-length with full-length blood stripes, but I couldn't handle how they fit.

The jacket was nice, but the pocket dimensions and how they look was just slightly off. I think the top pockets on the front are too narrow and the back pocket is too large. Also, the collar was just too tall. This opinion is validated by the Anovos jacket, whose collar is notably shorter. The small difference in height translates to a noticeable difference in how it looks when worn.

Finally, the shirt. I just couldn't get to like the shirt, even after my talks with Magnoli helped lead to a shirt redesign. The material I ordered it in was too much like a dress shirt and didn't drape like the material Anovos uses for their ensembles--Standard or Premium. Additionally, although they look similar, the construction on the Magnoli shirt is different than the screen used shirt in that the shirt only separates until the bottom of the flat, where the rest is material all the way around. It made the shirt ride up funny and bloom at the top, which I wasn't fond of.

Again, Magnoli's quality and customer service are beyond reproach. It's the small differences in appearance and fit in the eyes of a perfectionist that ultimately led to me going with Anovos's offering.

Gman71

Thanks for the positive comments, folks. I just finished sewing in adjustable stirrups and moving the invisible snap from the top position to below the bottom position. Much better!!

...also just realized the buckles on the holster rig are swapped. I have the wrong one in front. Fixed!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back