3D Printed Iron Man Helmet

matty matt

Sr Member
I finally got a 3D printer, so I figured I'd jump right in and figure out how to use it. This is my first printed project and my first time doing any Iron Man stuff. I had a few failed parts and I'm really learning a lot. This is for my son, so I scaled it down to 90%. I probably should have left it full size, because even with the back part off it's still super tight to get on and off. This was all in PLA by the way.

These are the files I used. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:260152

XxrXYsBh.jpg

Y43qnqxh.jpg

Raw pieces right off the printer. Maker Select V2.
ZIXo2vah.jpg

After some filling and priming. Everything taped together to figure out the placement.
rGWft5Jh.jpg

OFjwDgKh.jpg

Took a break from the helmet to make a repulsor for his Halloween costume. This was done the day before Halloween, so no time for filling or anything. Quick and dirty.
lI4mmcIh.jpg

3jZng0ph.jpg

More filling and primer. I just used Bondo.
fmSIyDeh.jpg

The helmet's all glued together here.
MXsdFEth.jpg

Finally some red and gold. The red is an anodized paint over a metallic basecoat. I think it came out pretty cool.
RvJrT0ah.jpg

I also printed the hinge pieces so the faceplate can open but I haven't installed them yet. I might just leave the back part off too. I don't think my six year old will care. Anyway, it's almost done and I think I have a pretty good handle on my printer. I had no idea what I was doing when I started. No idea.

Awesome job man, Looks great! Way to go for jumping right in, I got my lulzbot taz a year ago and just started a few months ago been so busy. Hopefully il be posting progress soon. Hope to see more.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back