Officer K's blaster

wayouteast

Sr Member
So, my Officer K blaster arrived this morning from rgriesbeck (see thread in 'Project Runs) and I'm really looking forward to making a start on it. I was undecided about this gun when I first saw it, I guess because it's so different in its design aesthetic to the original iconic PKD, but it has grown on me considerably since.

The kit comes as an 8-part 3D print in grey plastic. Out of the box, there's some easily stripped-away support structure that 'hides' the detail at first glance, but once that's been picked off the underlying detail is exceptional. As with any 3D print there'll be some filling and sanding to achieve a really good finish - I'm planning on using the epoxy resin technique on some of the simpler shapes to speed things up a bit - but a few hours of effort should produce a fantastic end result I hope.

The basic blaster comes with a sheet of carbon fibre vinyl wrap for the handle (I haven't decided yet whether to use this or mimic the carbon fibre with paint). For convenience for an extra 10 bucks I also bought the accessory pack of switch, wires, coin cell holder and red LEDs for lighting. It all arrived beautifully packed in a big zip-lock bag and bubblewrap in a sturdy box, and I had no issues with UK customs.

01f26135eb3300318548b3c21966cee24682806534.jpg 01087c2a6ad13d0c0c9969b000c2207a48925af74d.jpg

One thing that surprised me slightly was the size of the blaster - it's big! Here it is with my Elfin Knights water gun conversion for comparison. You can see from this how beautifully the 2049 blaster fits together even without any cleaning up or adjustment.

01def41a7eafa05e12898d25fd815ccedefd537bdc.jpg 01bff7e82e3d90fbc3394c9e11708a287cf8623a0d.jpg

I'm really looking forward to starting on this project and I'll post up occasional updates as it progresses. Thanks to @rgriesbeck for a beautiful model and exceptional customer service!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice kit! I've been wanting to pick one up myself.

My advice? Ditch the wrap, hydrodip the handle. Much easier process that will follow the contours perfectly.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back