New Hobby Room (man cave) is comming together

Toadmeister

Sr Member
Took everything out and had the floors cleaned and re-polished. Just staring to put stuff back in now. I think it needs a new coat of paint.

What color for the walls. I was thinking a black starfield possibly but that might be over-do in it.

There will be a 6x4 ft workbench, computer, and TV in the room as well once I'm complete. Maybe some cabinets for storage and more display cabinets.
b84fe88d363c8639aa93502130c7e301.jpg
1c6d98276c96e4035396c5e0b66ea5b2.jpg
f731b083a1d7acb084ead95a9873e617.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hah, we had that Darth Vader collage picture too. Used to be in the living room; probably in the attic now.
Looks like you've got space for a lot more cabinets!

I would sheet rock the ceiling first before anything as nothing breeds dust like exposed floor joist spans.

If it were my room, and had THAT theme (coincidentally that's the theme of our living room) I would (and plan to) go with a two tone dark grey/light grey on the walls with white trim and chair rail to break it up.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Black walls will make the room seem smaller and also make it much darker possibly meaning you'll need to add some more lights

I might just do it with one wall

Definitely go with a drywall ceiling, I did a drop down with can lights in it and it's been nothing but dust everywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back