Statesman Flask Belt Buckle

chrisnupp

How's it hanging my fellow prop makers?! I decided my next con I'll be enjoying myself as a Statesman Agent I've named Bourbon. I've posted my plans in the replica costumes part of the site, but I feel as though the belt buckle flask is a prop as much as it is part of the costume. So hear is how I made it

1) Order a flask belt buckle on amazon for 9 dollars.
2) Borrow a carbide or diamond tip engraver
3) Print out a template, I had to manipulate a screenshot to make it flat. printing out on sticker paper would be best, but I don't have that luxury, so paper and tape worked perfectly for me.
IMG_5124.JPG
4) Start engraving that sweet piece o' work. Go nice and steady, work from the inside out. laying down the fundamentals.
IMG_5126.JPG
5) Now go back in and thicken up lines that need thickening, correcting shapes, letters, etc until you have your desired outcome, remember you CANNOT erase an engraver.
6) When I was all done I darkened up the engraving using black shoe polish and wiping off excess
IMG_5128.JPG
IMG_5129.JPG

Enjoy my friends, hope i have inspired people to try engraving themselves instead of paying a trophy place to do it for them.

here is the belt buckle attached to a belt. I went with a brown belt due to my brown boots. Agent Bourbon is well underway.

IMG_5180.JPGIMG_5184.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back