Bandai 1/144 Y-Wing

JMChladek

Sr Member
I recently built one of the mini Bandai vehicle kit 1/144 Y-Wings a couple weeks ago. This was a quickie build, but I had a lot of fun doing it. Almost all the paint work was done with careful spray cans and masking. I didn't want to use the stickers at all, but the die cut excess worked great for use as a masking medium on the nose in combination with Tamiya tape. Weathering was done with both Tamiya grey and black wash, plus pastel chalk weathering. I tried to get the paint work close to that of Red Leader, which seems to be the Y-Wing they used (top view found in the 'Sculpting a Galaxy" book).

Ywing1.jpgYwing2.jpgYwing bottom.jpgYwing4.jpg

Attachments

• Ywing3.jpg
    Ywing3.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 230
I'm very near finishing my one of these , just some final weathering and some tiny details with paint . I gave the sticker surround as a mask a go but it didnt work out so i went the painful route of complete masking which payed off big time , incredible kit! taking a close look with a magnifying glass allows you to see details that are smaller than a single grain of sand , great job on this one ! thumbs up from me !

Thanks guys.

I have been hooked by these. I decided to get a few more on the way from Japan as the only other kits I have are the T-65 X-Wings. I can't wait to try my hand at the T-70s and the A-Wings.

Very nice, I just got 2 of these and a 1/144 X-wing in, I'll have to try the "sticker surround" trick too as I see the results are great.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back