ALIEN Nostromo self destruct bolt & storage

dropshipbob

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I actually had this idea for awhile, but only finally jumped on it after seeing someone else do something similar on Facebook.

I can't remember who made the bolt...someone here on the RPF. I bought it maybe a year ago and upon receiving it, felt that it needed some sort of display container. I ended up buying a Vaultz pencil box and created some stickers in Corel Draw to go on the outside. I had planned on making a foam insert with a profile of the bolt cut out of it to give it a snug cradle, but my initial attempts at making this by hand were NOT going to cut the mustard. So I decided to make it more simple, using just block shapes. This does well enough at holding it in place for display, but it would need something more to truly hold it down in all directions. But regardless, I think it looks pretty nice all around. Maybe some day I'll get a more proper foam insert with profile cut out if such things can be made via shapeways.

The two symbols in the corners were recreated from images used in the movie. You can't see it in these photos, but there is also a blue set of Weylan-Yutani Egyptian wings on the back.

nuclear bolt 1.jpgnuclear bolt 2.jpgnuclear bolt 3.jpgnuclear bolt 4.jpg

I think it’s a RussRep. I have one myself. Russell’s metalworking is impeccable.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey dropshipbob, is there any chance you can provide some additional info on the specific material used for this build? would you be able to print up a set of the stickers you used on this to sell? thanks!!

The only material not specifically named is the foam matting...and I don't recall it's name or manufacturer. It came in bundles of four or five matts each about two feet square, from Wal-Mart. As for the stickers, I hesitate to just pop those out, I don't want someone to copy what I did so completely.

Sponsored by Purina! :lol

That looks great, brother! :thumbsup

Supposedly there's some sort of in-joke about that, but I don't know how legit it is. :)

ok, cool. i did a quick search for a vaultz pencil box with a clear top and did not see one. in any case, i like your representation. I bought two bolts recently, so i will need to come up with a 2-bolt display option.

The only material not specifically named is the foam matting...and I don't recall it's name or manufacturer. It came in bundles of four or five matts each about two feet square, from Wal-Mart. As for the stickers, I hesitate to just pop those out, I don't want someone to copy what I did so completely.

Supposedly there's some sort of in-joke about that, but I don't know how legit it is. :)

Yeah, the clear Vaultz box is currently not being produced, you'd have to find one on Ebay or some such. There should be plenty of room inside the Vaultz box for two bolts if you should pick one up, but there wouldn't be a lot of room on the top-side for graphics as that would obscure the bolts.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back