Back to the Future Flux Capacitor

cyberfez

Getting ready to build three 1:1 scale replicas of this iconic prop.

I have spent a month gathering materials and almost completed the cut list.

One thing I have been having difficulty locating is the sound effects. I plan to have sounds to accompany the lights so I need the electrical ambient buzz loop and the time travel sound like other people have created. Are these available anywhere or do I have to make them. If I have to make them can anyone with synthesiser experience help at all?

I want the electrostatic energy ambient noise like this guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veghozd4wiQ

the time travel sound like this guys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YardOQsKvY

Any leads people?

Cheers.

I built a flux capacitor , myfluxcapacitor website ( I think his name is Bob ) had alot of valuable stuff ,though it was long ago I can't remember if that's where I got the sounds .

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Hi.
I'm sorry for bumping up this old thread, but I don't want to open a new one about the same topic.
I may build a Flux Capacitor myself (or try it at least), but there are 2 things that I can't find much info about them.
One is the main box. Everyone talks about the Stahlin J1210HPL box, but I can't see a confirmation about if that was the original box used in the film, or it's the closest thing we can find now. Every box I find is white colour. Was the original box in the movie painted or was there a different box model back then that was grey? Also, if it needs to be painted, does anybody know what exact colour should be applied? Finally, does it have a shiny or transparent matte finisher after applying the paint, or should be leave it as is after painting it?

Second item I have questions about, are the glass rods that go over the plexi bars, and have a little metal rod inside. I just read the original ones are expensive, but I can't find more info about them, or if anyone made some replicas of those.

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot, everyone!!!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back