Blade Runner Deckard Wallet ID's and contents

DoctorNerd

Greetings everyone,

I know I am late to the game but I am looking to create my own Blade Runner Deckard Wallet set (IDs, credits cards, ect). I have spent the last few days searching the forums and realized I missed the train on this, sadly nothing more than broken links. It’s also sad to see that people where abusing all the free work people had done and selling it for profit. I’m looking to make my own wallet set and I was wondering if anyone could guide me to some original photos. I love that people have made credit cards, metro cards, licenses, ect and would love do the same.

So, my question is can anyone guide me to some original photos I could use to recreate my own? Does anyone sell PDFs that I could print or work off on my own? Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated. I would be willing to share any work I do for help or guidance.

Thank you

Hey mate,

I'm actually in the final stages of putting together a PSD document of the Blade Runner ID card. The aim for this produce something that is easily editable by others so they can produce their own unique ID cards. By default all the details in the document will be Deckards however.

I've identified fonts and also had an accurate Japanese translation on the back (as the original prop had a mixture of gibberish and art collage names)

I'll share it here once complete a little later this evening/this weekend if you're interested.

Blade-Runner-Badge-Front-and-Back.jpg

Daniel

Depending on how familiar you are with graphics programs, the images shown in the BR 5-disc set are an excellent place to start.

Attachments

• PDVD_007.jpg
    PDVD_007.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 270
  • PDVD_016.jpg
    PDVD_016.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Screenshot1 6.jpg
    Screenshot1 6.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 257
  • Police ID.png
    Police ID.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 304
  • PDVD_008-1.jpg
    PDVD_008-1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 265
  • PDVD_000-2.jpg
    PDVD_000-2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 238
  • l1000885.jpg
    l1000885.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 243
  • test2.jpg
    test2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 240
Was watching some documentary stuff on the Bluray and noticed this shot of declared closing both flaps of the wallet, showing all 3 inside panels. Has this ever been pointed to before as proof there is no badge? The panel on the right in the first few pics is te center panel, it just looks like another pocket with a card in it. He first closes the left side with the ID, and then the right side, making it apparent that the center is blank.

also it's worth noting that the wallet is almost an inch taller than the ID card in the left panel.

IMG_3320.JPGIMG_3321.JPGIMG_3322.JPGIMG_3323.JPGIMG_3324.JPG

Here is a quick mockup of what I'm seeing. There is a cutout halfway down between the first and second panels. Im not sure what the two rectangle shapes are on the 3rd panel, but its possible they are clear window cutouts like on the 1st, as they reflect light different than the rest of the leather. But they could also be velcro.

screen_shot_2017-10-02_at_123146_pm.png

Last edited:
OK, here's my slightly idealized BR 2019 police ID blank.

Designed to be filled out (pic & name), printed, signed, then you score along the middle (vertical magenta lines), glue both sides together, then trim the excess based on the edges of the front side & the horizontal magenta lines.

You may then round the corners and laminate if you wish.

Attachments

• BR Blank.png
    BR Blank.png
    840.1 KB · Views: 269
  • BR Blank.pdf
    258.4 KB · Views: 219
Here's a very old, apparently RPFer-created Deckard ID. Dates to 2006 or possibly earlier. Someone did a nice job on the Deckard photo, so I'm using that headshot. Which is also why I don't think I'll be selling mine. They're not super high quality, either, just printed on my desktop inkjet & laminated with my $20 laminator.

Attachments

• IDRFP2.jpg
    IDRFP2.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 243
I’d love to pay someone a reasonable amount for a set of laminated cards as discussed here. I’ll at least cover postage. :)

WOW!!! This is all such amazing work!! This is a big help in my project. Everyone here is fantastic and as soon as I have something done up I'll share immediately. Thanks everyone.

As any one tried printing these on 30Mil Hi Gloss Plastic Bank Cards to make them more long standing.

Would that be a vast down grade from the screen accurate. Wondering if they will look better laminated or printed on 30mil Card - although if printed on 30 mil card using direct to print it my be difficult to do the grey/silver bleed off to the edge (BLEED= meaning edge to edge print is more difficult on a printer using "direct to card printing technique")

Knock, knock, Mr. Deckard...

- - - Updated - - -

Having read through the threads a number of times - was it listed any where if any one new the dimensions of the deckard ID Card. I could have over looked it :(

Here's a very old, apparently RPFer-created Deckard ID. Dates to 2006 or possibly earlier. Someone did a nice job on the Deckard photo, so I'm using that headshot. Which is also why I don't think I'll be selling mine. They're not super high quality, either, just printed on my desktop inkjet & laminated with my $20 laminator.

Ended up buying a cheap ($5) wallet that fit the color and stying as best as I could find. I spent hours looking at badge wallets and all of them have the id pocket on the wrong side...I also am convinced that the "ID" is maybe a futuristic badge/ID and there is no metal badge....I may 3d print one just for effect but anyway.

I looked on pintrest and found the best pictures I could find, found a business card template in word, and printed at kinkos for 60 cents or so. Packing tape is my laminate.

For a quick little prop im pretty happy with it, until someone does a run of better cards/props, or posts some good ones to print.

I tried to take a intentionally crappy pic similar to most of the screen grabs..to me it looks pretty good!

22538317_10210384792043405_757366783_n.jpg

Do we know the fonts used for the vid-phon card ?

On the front, I think "VID-PHON" is hand-drawn. "R. DECKARD" looks like American Typewriter Medium Condensed. The gibberish at the bottom is a font called Data 70.

On the back, it's a section of cut & pasted Japanese:

Adhesive product sales department
Setagaya-ku, Tokyo Tamagawadai 2-33
Osaka 305-3131 / Nagoya 332
Sendai 61-2811 / Hiroshima 47-2

Attachments

• hi-rez VidPhon.jpg
    hi-rez VidPhon.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 171
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back