Bladerunner 2049 - Officer K's blaster

elilay

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It still need work, but model is 90% done! I redesign "grill" part of the barrel to make it much closer to screen used prop. I'm really happy so far, and excited to print this! Especially that most of it will be printed on SLA 3d printer so details should be really good.
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

yea, the black looks a lot better than the silver color they've got it in for the movie. I dig it.
I really thought it's black, on photos from exhibition it looks nothing like sliver, Are you sure about it? I was planning to make silver for base and then spray few misty layers of black and then chip of black with some thinner.
It looks like only hammer thing is pure silver.

attachment.jpg

only picture I'd really seen was the early "sitting on a table at an odd angle next to the original", and it looked very silver to me in that pic (probably from some weathering and the gloss finish reflecting light is all). from the looks of the more recent pictures you've posted, it looks like it's almost all black.

My only beef with this gun is the trigger guard, look to bulky. That back wide part that's connects on the upper handle looks like it would rub against your inner trigger finger.

I'm not sure about size of that gun. From this photo:
image.jpeg
Looks like those two barrels on K's blaster are about the same size as bulldog's barrel on PKD. Only photo with K's blaster next to something with known dimentions.

But I'm not sure how to messure it correctly, in darkest scenario I will print grip in few different size and try which will be more comfortable.

Little big update!
Almost all parts are done, I mean still lot of sanding ahead but almost everything what should be made is made. Still trigger and that funny hook on side is missing. But so far so good. I'm really impressed about grip in that thing. At first I thought I must be very uncomfortable in hand when I saw photos. But in fact I lies down in hand very good.

DSC_3164.JPGDSC_3167.JPGDSC_3170.JPGDSC_3158.JPG

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back