Making of Imperial Royal Guard - Pepakrua

JoeAKim

Hi everyone.

First of all: Thank you for all the information, help, etc. in this forum. It helped me out a lot!

Since I have been leaching this forum for a while, I figured it might be nice to finally give something back. Therefor I decided to post my "making of"s of the 5 helmets I've created so far.

This one is about my Imperial Royal Guard helmet :)

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idead why, but this helmet has been fascinating me for a long time. That why I tried to get done with it as quick as possbile... unfortunately "that's what it looks like" at the very end. I made some mistakes and screwed some things up. But from far away, it looks quite ok :)

- - - Updated - - -

The cutting was done within a few hours.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The glueing was done within just one night. I sat there for about 8 hours, nonstop. My wife came downstairs in the middle of the night, wondering what I was doing :D
View attachment 749520View attachment 749521View attachment 749522

- - - Updated - - -

As seen previously, I used braces right aftere the pepakura part, which made life much easier and gave much more symetrical result for the resin part.
View attachment 749523View attachment 749524

- - - Updated - - -

I have no pictures of the bondoing part... after all it is "same same but different".
But for the first time I used Plasti-Paste or Puddy or whatever you wand to call it. It wasn't bad at all but I should have put more effort into the previous stage and only used this to do minor things... not everything with it.
View attachment 749525View attachment 749526View attachment 749527View attachment 749528

- - - Updated - - -

Some more sanding and filling.
View attachment 749532View attachment 749531View attachment 749530View attachment 749533

- - - Updated - - -

2 layers of red spray paint., sorry did I write layers? I meant CANS. Damn stuff.... This color didn't cover anything. It was horbale. I did prime it in advance, but hat to sand so much of that there was hardly any primer left. Therefor all the dark spots where shining through :(
View attachment 749537View attachment 749536View attachment 749535View attachment 749534View attachment 749538

I would love to see your results. This helmet is on my list and I would like to give the pepakura build a shot. Also , where might I find these files? Is there a C3PO

Great work! The photos show the huge effort and persistence you have put into this build. Really looks great. :thumbsup

Great job!. I will be making my own Royal guard just as soon as I finish my Vader...
It looks like you had to use pounds and pounds of bondo and sanding, am I correct?
It looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back