Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Nearly done:

CockpitWithWalls.png

Basically just the center console left, and figuring out how the various graphics could go on here.

Very nice! Would love to see some alternate views of the geometry of those side panels.

What about the big panel of gauges that goes at the center top visible through the big roof window of the cockpit?

Very nice! Would love to see some alternate views of the geometry of those side panels.

What about the big panel of gauges that goes at the center top visible through the big roof window of the cockpit?

It's there, it just doesn't have the gauges you speak of.

And an alternate view:

Top.png

I'm still working on the sidewalls too, so some additional shapes on them have not yet been added.

Last edited:
Just feast on that delicious hull curvature!!!
View attachment 754136

I have suffered the pain of getting the curviture wrong, Its nice to know it will be exactly right on this model. This is going to be the biggest box of any model iv ever bought. Im getting my kit through ebay so hopefully i get it by the end of september like the ebay dude said :)

Its painful waiting, I shouldnt be this obsessed about a piece of plastic and some odd brick-a-brack but i just cant get this kit out of my thought process.

I dont know how anyone is going to top this model,I mean where do you go next???

And after a lot of fun work, a completed 3d model of the cockpit interior:

Cockpit1.png
Cockpit2.png
Cockpit3.png
Cockpit4.png

Next step I suppose is seeing if I can move things around for 3d printing. By the way, the last three photos are orthographic, meaning they lack dimension, so you could potentially use them for proportions and everything. Also! A disclaimer: this model is not 100% accurate. I did my best with the photogrammetry and picture resources I had, but it can never be as accurate as taking measurements from the actual kit parts and studio model. I think this will be suitable for the Bandai falcon, and maybe as a mostly accurate guide for studio scale. And of course if I find I can improve some areas I will!

Thanks! Till the next update --

My wife gave the green light to order. Bring on Febtober!

In the meantime I'm looking online for Starship Filth and only finding the "pen" version. Has anyone worked up a look-alike recipe?

Last edited:
Interesting. Black plastic for certain components like the cockpit console and the cockpit sidewalls. But only one gunbay interior? Third party opportunity here?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back