ways of reinforcing cardboard except of fiberglass

ronchan32004

hey everyone,I would like to ask you ways of reinforcing cardboard or paper, for a little project. thanks.

ron

Sent from my SM-J7108 using Tapatalk

what about the inner layer? here's my situation
1867d0b25fade5bfa152e99b0bc0114d.jpg

@matthewdelacruz ZigZag I understand what you are talking about. I am just telling you this is cardboard .

Last edited by a moderator:
Resin is your best bet. Or modpodge would work. If you don't have that just mix elmers glue with water (50:50 mix) and coat the cardboard a few times. Should strengthen nicely.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Depends how reinforced you want it to be. Using some variation of PVA glue will give it some reinforcement. You can use straight Elmer's glue, but I recommend using 2 parts PVA, 1 part flexible fabric glue and 1 part water. However, if you want to go one step further while still avoiding fiberglass, you could try getting a sample size of Smooth-on 65D. You can apply this after using a few coats of PVA to basically turn your cardboard into plastic. You can watch the process (using EVA foam) here:

https://www.therpf.com/f24/how-plastic-coat-foam-costume-pieces-146539/

Is that clear tape on the inside? Nothing will stick permanently to clear tape so it would first have to be removed.

I would reinforce the inner corners with more paper and glue. Papiér mache might be the best method but you must be careful as to not lay it too thick each time or it could get too wet and never fully dry.

Is that clear tape on the inside? Nothing will stick permanently to clear tape so it would first have to be removed.

I would reinforce the inner corners with more paper and glue. Papiér mache might be the best method but you must be careful as to not lay it too thick each time or it could get too wet and never fully dry.
thanks!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back