Trollhunters Amulet

KiraNavarro

Hello everybody, I've been working on a Trollhunters Amulet and wanted to share the progress. It is made out of sintra, styrene and a two part epoxy putty. For the finishing I'm planing on making the two types, the first one will be the silver and blue and the second will be the black and red shown at the end of the first season.

Screen Shot 2017-03-22 at 7.06.26 PM.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-1.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-2.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-3.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-4.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-5.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-6.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-7.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-8.jpg

Yeah, it won't move, I'm not that skilled, still learning, but I will try to add light's inside it.

Thanks for the Astrolabe, I didn't know that existed, looks very interesting :)

If you can get enough screencaps to get a solid version of the blue swirl texture - could print it out on to something clear like acetate and shine a blue LED through that?

Hello! I have painted the first cast, I gave a first pass with a glossy black and then the silver, think it is looking good. This one I casted it hollow so I could put some blue leds inside it, probably will diffuse them with some packing material of some sort.

If you can get enough screencaps to get a solid version of the blue swirl texture - could print it out on to something clear like acetate and shine a blue LED through that?

What I did for the center part is that I drew a pattern with illustrator based on some references to be able to replicate the graphics in the center part, then I laser engraved them in a 1.5mm acrylic. In this photo the acrylic still has the protective sheet (blue).
trollhunters-amulet-9.jpgtrollhunters-amulet-10.jpg

It's a good start, and the actual casing looks beautiful! Have you ever used this stuff before?
white_uv_black_light_reactive_neon_acrylic_paint_2.jpg

UV reactive acrylic, it's pretty cheap - but if you watered it down to varying levels you could get some really nice swirls going on there to give it that cloudy magical look
15802151_1631106163851034_6318953299751993344_n.jpg

This is awesome. I can't wait to see more! How big did you make it? I've been working on modeling one to cut out of aluminum and struggling with exactly how big to make it to fit on the armor.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back