Luke Skywalker Costume Build: Robot Hand Build

LengyelLegacy

So I'm currently working on a Luke Skywalker robot Hand build for my Force Awakens outfit. Basically I'm using an old 90's robot hand to as the base and adding in a few 3d printed parts to the mix. I'm debating what I should use for the paint though, as it does contain flexible plastic parts in the fingers. I was leaning towards plastidip, but I'm not sure how much flex it can take. Thoughts?
robothand.jpgluke hand parts.jpg

Well I can already tell you this I plasti dipped cars and have done it plenty of times and Plasti Dip is very flexible depending on. Hope this helps out maybe.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've used Plasti Dip on some props which had to take a little bit of flex. Mostly helmets that had to be flexed to get over the head. I've also done tests bending Plasti Dip coated EVA foam for another project.

The Plasti Dip held up well in both cases.

You can use black plasti-dip for the base coat, and silver plasti-dip metalizer (used for car rims) as s afinish for the metal look, and weather to your preferations.

sent from the cockpit of SLAVE I

You could also try Lexan Bonding paint. It's used to paint the polycarbonate bodies of RC cars. It chemically bonds to the plastic so it would be more likely to withstand some flex without cracking. Just a thought.

I remember my cousin had the same robot hand when we were kids. Very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back