Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

I went to the Sneakerahead site and sent a message last night, and again today asking a few questions before I order, and still haven't heard back yet.

I went to the Sneakerahead site and sent a message last night, and again today asking a few questions before I order, and still haven't heard back yet.

Are you located in the US? Remember they are in China and are about 2 hours behind me in Australia (GMT+10), so China is GMT+12. You should just given them a full day to respond.

@davidjones888 any updates on auto lace release?

Chinese factories are churning out HyperAdapts that don't have powerlaces & light up only. I can't see anyone buying HyperAdapts for any other reason other than the novelty of the power-lacing, as they're damn ugly. If replicas are knocking about without this feature, then I'd put money on the fact that the Mags aren't going to get power-lacing anytime soon. The factories need to concentrate on producing a decent quality shoes with decent quality electronics before attempting to shove that kind of tech in the Mag.

Are you located in the US? Remember they are in China and are about 2 hours behind me in Australia (GMT+10), so China is GMT+12. You should just given them a full day to respond.

Yeah I'm in US. Tonight will be a full day.

How long was it before everybody got their QC pics? Ordered my pair on Saturday and haven't heard anything yet? I asked for Pics and a perfect box... Just wondering how long it takes to hear from them with the pics?

I think from memory about 3 days.

I have said this before and it seems to have been missed, is they don't actually have the shoes in stock. They take your money and they go and buy a pair for you. Then they post photos and if you reject them, the whole process starts again. The rejected shoes just get offered to the next person. They don't go back to the factory for modification or anything. Once these are made, that is it.

Chinese factories are churning out HyperAdapts that don't have powerlaces & light up only. I can't see anyone buying HyperAdapts for any other reason other than the novelty of the power-lacing, as they're damn ugly. If replicas are knocking about without this feature, then I'd put money on the fact that the Mags aren't going to get power-lacing anytime soon. The factories need to concentrate on producing a decent quality shoes with decent quality electronics before attempting to shove that kind of tech in the Mag.

Given how thin and fragile these MAG electronics are, does anyone really think they can pull off a power lace system that can be used over and over? I don't.

Even that father/son YouTuber got a shock when he cut open the HyperAdapt. The motor casing is hard plastic and ALL the electronics are housed in this box. Sure NIKE made this happen, but for what 100 pair? This ain't something the Chinese will be able to copy anytime time soon.

Hey guys! I got my second QC pic but there is something that is bothering me about the second pairs. Looks like a major flaw on the front. Do you guys think I should ask for another pair? IMG_0492.JPG

Looks like it was crushed under something. I would ask for a good discount first. If they won't do that, the maybe reject. I think the marks will come out.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You know, most (if not all) of the people here on this thread and the previous one were interested in the MAG because of the movie. I know I've wanted a pair since about 1990 or something lol. But I just got told by yet another person (this makes the second time) that they were cool looking even though I had to explain what they were.
So it's clearly a nice design even to someone who's never seen them before. Good job, Tinker Hatfield. If only you'd mass produced them (even without lights would have been fine) right after the movie came out... oh well, many years too late at least we have our V3s. :)

You know, most (if not all) of the people here on this thread and the previous one were interested in the MAG because of the movie. I know I've wanted a pair since about 1990 or something lol. But I just got told by yet another person (this makes the second time) that they were cool looking even though I had to explain what they were.
So it's clearly a nice design even to someone who's never seen them before. Good job, Tinker Hatfield. If only you'd mass produced them (even without lights would have been fine) right after the movie came out... oh well, many years too late at least we have our V3s. :)

It is almost a bit scary when I speak to people that haven't seen the film before. Makes me wonder if I am showing my age, or they have been hiding under a rock.

Yeah, Tinker was certainly thinking way outside the square when he designed the MAG shoes back in 1988/1989.

For me, it is the almost seamless look of the upper, the minimal stitching and the clean toe. Sure the lights are cool, but it wouldn't phase me if the shoe didn't have lights.

I think the biggest technical achievement is the way the laces extend all the way to the mid-sole, making the shoe hug the foot

The fictional part is that the elastic was originally supposed to be the power lace straps extending down to a motor system. What it does is stop the side of the shoe from bulging out. And the fact that this concept was recognized and later implemented by other shoe manufactures says a lot here. Pretty much every shoe manufacture today implements some form of chord system (NIKE calls it fly-wire) that extend from the mid-sole to the lace section, hugging the foot and preventing the bulge at the side of the foot.

Also it is interesting that so many shoes today have done away with the toe cap and therefore have a sock toe.

Apart from those crease lines in the toes, nothing wrong with that pair.

So I would go back to them with the idea of a discount for cosmetics.

I personally think that with a clean damp cloth and toe box stuffed with a sock, that you would be able to iron out those wrinkles.

I tried ordering a pair last night, and my transaction was denied. I found out this morning that it was fraud protection on my credit card. Kind of glad it happened that way cause 1. It was 516$ instead of the supposed 484$, and 2. My transaction tried to go through twice which may have been my fault trying to get back to the page with the order number. Maybe I'd be better going and having a Western Union transaction done. Also I could be wrong, but I thought you'd get a 15% discount when using the coupon code, not a 15$ discount?

Also I could be wrong, but I thought you'd get a 15% discount when using the coupon code, not a 15$ discount?

Yeah. I was doing the calculations on my pair and I certainly didn't get 15% off either. I paid $454 but I am sure $499 less 15% is closer to $424. Anyway, I agreed to pay the price so no use complaining now.

I will be hitting them up for the next pair for sure.

Last edited:
Couple of semi-off topic questions. First, what would you call the little metal movie logo plate that people have displayed in front of their props, similar to what Jedifyfe has in front of his mags he has displayed in his prop room? Also wonder where you could find something like that, or where would you have it made? The last thing is, where would be the best place to see my V2 mags? Looking to sell them for about 150$. With the V3's coming, no real need for the V2's anymore.

Most laser engraving places can do the plate for you. Not sure if it has a name other than nsme plaque.
Try eBay thought I have not been having luck there. Scammers using fake or stolen eBay accounts buy my listings within 2 hours. Then I get notification that eBay had to pull the sale due to the account owner not actually bidding on the item.
Avoid listing as NIKE and even replicas. I had listings cancelled due to copyright laws for that. Lately I have been listing in the men's shoes as MAG V3's.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back