MR ForceFX Vader saber - Sweaty Rubber

ShaunDark80

Hi All

My 2005 Master Replicas Force FX Vader saber has been stored in it's original packaging since 2007 when I moved house. I took it out of it's packaging yesterday so that my six-year-old could give it a swing, and found that the rubber stips along the base had become tacky.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? I was thinking of selling it at some point, but I'm not sure that anyone would want a sticky lightsaber.

Thanks

Shaun

We see this all the time, I wonder why the rubber grips do this in the first place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I should have Googled it first!

I'll practice on an old Razer mouse first, as the idea still makes me nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used alcohol preps on all three of my ESB Vaders and they cleaned up great. It feels like some type of protective coating they put on the grips has broken down over time, IMHO.

Hmm, I'll have to try again with my MR FX Vader. First try didn't yeild good results.

What should I use, a t shirt and rubbing alcohol, or what?

Does it take some elbow grease?

Hmm, I'll have to try again with my MR FX Vader. First try didn't yeild good results.

What should I use, a t shirt and rubbing alcohol, or what?

Does it take some elbow grease?

I used alcohol pads but some grips were harder than others to clean. I think the Vader was the worst. I think I used 10 or more. Some grips like Luke's and Star Trek: The Next Generation phaser was a quick clean up.

It's been years since I cleaned them and no reoccurring issues.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back