Eleven - Stranger Things - Art Figure Making of

karmieh

Hey guys and gals,
I'm back with a new project that I would love to share with all of you. and I can't wait to here your thoughts and ideas.

Alright so here goes, for the last 2 month I have been working on a new figurine of Eleven from Stranger things, it all started with this beautiful illustration created by my good Friend Rocio Garcia make sure you check out her amazing work

eleven-illustration-fan-art.png

I had to create a toy based on that drawing because it was too cool and cute not to be brought into our physical realm.

I used ZBrush to 3d sculpt the character, and below you can check out some work in progress of the sculpt.

Like with all my 3d character design I always start with the head, once I have the head sculpted and ready I can figure out all the proportions easily.

eleven-3d-head.png

Next I move into blocking in the body, once I have the basic shapes in I can start pulling and pushing to the get the proportions just right, then I'll start sculpting in the details.
eleven-3d-sculpt.png

After that I move into posing the body, it's doesn't have to be the final pose I'll just usually get to 80% there, cause the body will be covered by clothing anyhow and there is no point on getting the pose perfect cause I will be deleting that mesh anyhow.

eleven-art-toy.png

For all my cloth I use Marvelous Designer, I started using Marvelous Designer 3-4 years ago and it has been my go to software for anything cloth and not only cloth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpWzl3Q2UUE.

marvelous-designer-toy-design.png

Last edited:
Once the sculpting is done and details have been added, I work on the final pose and I might also do a test render, something simple using ZBrush or Keyshot to see how the 3d model will look, in real life before starting to 3d print it, but sometimes it's faster if 3d print it and I then go back to tweak some parts that need tweaking.

eleven-toy-design.png
eleven-karmieh.png

11.jpg

Last edited:
Next stage is preparing the 3d model for printing, I start by splitting the 3d model into parts that I know will print clean and with minimal support structure, once I split all the parts I start creating positive and negative keys to make sure everything will snap into place when putting the Eleven art toy back together.

eleven-3d-keys.png

eleven-3d-keys.png

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back