Interest INT: Active project: 1:1 accurate MAUSER REPLICA is READY!!!

I'd be interested in steel (depending on final price, maybe aluminum), no front sight, removable magazine plate, swing safety only.

Just thought I should post some pictures showing the current state of the models and let everyone see where they're at, accuracy-wise, to help encourage interest in this project.

Help us RPF, you're our only hope!

We could all really use some better C96 replicas than what's currently available, plus we could save allot of real Mausers in the process.

C96r.png~original

C96l.png~original

C96tr.png~original

C96bl.png~original

-Carson

Last edited:
The exterior models are close to done I think (aaron?) but we're working on the internal configuration.

It needs to be simple... for cost and function reasons, and to house electronics if one so chooses, but also go together well.

Aaron is in the middle of many projects AND moving, and his daughter was in the WR twice this month... so it's been hectic for him for sure. We're moving along though.

I'll ping him to update....

Hey guys, I have been cleaning up the models and trying to find some time to dedicate to this in earnest.

Like Scott said its been crazy.

My first priority right now is to get the REY LPA's out the door. I have been up to my wazoo in moving equipment from one building to the new building, and going back and forth and doing electrical and all that jazz. Getting organized and back in the swing has been a non stop mission.

As you guys know, the Denix is not super accurate, and is cast.

Real Mausers are forged, and getting these correct and keeping the cost down is going to be a massive challenge.

I have to get these projects done first.

Thanks , Solo

After missing out on some amazing replicas and getting tired of Denix I'd be in for an aluminum if it was in the 399 range. :)

I'd be in for a steel - but for some reason, my big hang up on the replicas is the lock frame. Would this be a separate piece or molded in like the Denix?

You mean the safety?

I suppose whatever this piece is considered View attachment dscn3372.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Even if it was engraved in, I'd just love to have that extra detain in there. For me, personally, the denix just looks bland without it. I suppose I could always get it engraved. Just curious if it was considered in the design!

Hope this project comes through!

Can't say how amazing it has been to watch the info and hard work everyone has put into these so I can slowly build my grail blaster.

k.. Yes the lock frame. I think that would have to be a separate part.

I think the idea is to have the replica be a cross between the Denix and MCG/Real c96.

Hope it comes together too.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back