Subscribe
    From
    Los Angeles
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 28, 2018, 2:36 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #351

The were multiple resin pulls from the V3. Given the nature of the stunt, the worn paint on the rings, and the fact the neck/emitter is bent, a lot of us assume this is a resin. The nipples could come or go easily, especially since they likely left the blade on for making the cast.

We’ve debated the toss-saber and haven’t come to a definitive conclusion.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 29, 2018, 7:52 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #352

That nipple we see on Lukeís belt may not even be a nipple, could actually be a pour spout

Donít know how much I believe this, but it could be possible
  3. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 29, 2018, 8:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #353

The nipple-less resin one was also for the R2 air-cannon shot. Consensus agrees that it was sanded down to fit inside the gag R2.
    3 Weeks Ago  Mar 29, 2018, 11:19 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #354

@lukyanov Dooku is the one I wanted the most, and the dl44, but dooku! thank you these are all very appreciated!

1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 1:02 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #355

What can you guys tell me about the V3/ Shared Stunt? Do we have any ANH pictures of it?
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 1:22 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #356

Everything I know and have is in the book!
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 9:59 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #357

SethS said: View Post
    Everything I know and have is in the book!
    That's sad

I've been wondering if V3 was repainted for RotJ? I know it got repainted for the tours. But the paint job it sports in RotJ doesn't look like a leftover ANH paint job. Most notably it doesn't have any black paint or remnants of black paint on the "booster" section above the pommel. And the chrome tape around the clamp. It all makes me think that the V3 was intended to replace the V2 has the "hero" saber, but they decided to make it into the stunt saber. Add to that, that Yuma and later the Hero copy the basic paint scheme of the V3.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 12:46 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #358

This is pure speculation on my part, but booster aside, I do think it’s an ANH paint job. The V2 also has the copper/brass paint windvane. Most of the ANH pics we have of the Obi stunt sabers are of the V2, which you can spot by the lever. Not sure where the V3 was used, or if it was a back-up. It could have been used in the cantina scenes, no way to know.

The holes in the clamp say to me that that part was used on an ESB Graflex stunt. While the V2 and V3 were retrofitted for ESB duelling, they used the set screw blade retention method not the allen head screws like the Graflex and MPP. Given our limited look at the lower bodies of Graflex stunts, I can't say this for sure— just a theory.

I think onscreen the V3 has its original paintjob in ROTJ that was enhanced to match the hero when it went out on tour. The worn copper of the windvane you can spot in the duel seems similar to the V3.
    Last edited by SethS; 1 Week Ago at 8:49 PM.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 8:50 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #359

Joek3rr said: View Post
    That's sad

I've been wondering if V3 was repainted for RotJ? I know it got repainted for the tours. But the paint job it sports in RotJ doesn't look like a leftover ANH paint job. Most notably it doesn't have any black paint or remnants of black paint on the "booster" section above the pommel. And the chrome tape around the clamp. It all makes me think that the V3 was intended to replace the V2 has the "hero" saber, but they decided to make it into the stunt saber. Add to that, that Yuma and later the Hero copy the basic paint scheme of the V3.
    Watch the Vader fight scene closely.. u can still see black paint on that booster. There is a thread kicking around where I went scene by scene, the emitter still has a lot of black as well, and the neck is still brown/copper paint at this time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 9:50 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #360

halliwax said: View Post
    Watch the Vader fight scene closely.. u can still see black paint on that booster. There is a thread kicking around where I went scene by scene, the emitter still has a lot of black as well, and the neck is still brown/copper paint at this time

Black paint of the V3? Went through Star Wars Screencaps last night and didn't see anything. There's like two good shots of that saber, and those are in SethS guide
    And looking at this picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126125a2de7e93f5410493e53cf02bb2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	809410

there doesn't appear to be any on the "booster" section.

Now it's totally plausible that all the paint wore away. For instance, the V2 you can watch as it progressively loses more and more paint while filming. The deleted sandstorm scene, you can see it has quite a bit of paint. On the Emperor's chair, not so much. And when he catches it on the skiff, even less.
  11. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 9:56 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #361

Black paint of the V3? Went through Star Wars Screencaps last night and didn't see anything. There's like two good shots of that saber, and those are in SethS guide
    And looking at this picture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	126125a2de7e93f5410493e53cf02bb2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	809410

there doesn't appear to be any on the "booster" section.

Now it's totally plausible that all the paint wore away. For instance, the V2 you can watch as it progressively loses more and more paint while filming. The deleted sandstorm scene, you can see it has quite a bit of paint. On the Emperor's chair, not so much. And when he catches it on the skiff, even less.
    Iím telling ya, check out the duel scene on YouTube, star wars screen caps timing is off, U can see remnants of paint on the booster

1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 9:59 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #362

I’m telling ya, check out the duel scene on YouTube, star wars screen caps timing is off, U can see remnants of paint on the booster

Can you point me to a particular part? I'm gonna launch iTunes and watch it........................just the duel.................not the whole movie...........
  13. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Apr 12, 2018, 10:09 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #363

Can you point me to a particular part? I'm gonna launch iTunes and watch it........................just the duel.................not the whole movie...........
    Iíll be back on a pc Sunday. I believe itís before he jumps the cat walk... I think there is a scene with the falcon and then it cuts to Vader and Luke.

You have to look real good and slow mo pause it

You can see a few small patches of black spots

There is also some great pics of under the emitter and the neck

During the Vader duel I swear thereís more black paint on the emitter then there is the V2 lol

I was also under the impression this was a clamp-less v3...

1 Week Ago  Apr 13, 2018, 8:06 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #364

I’ll be back on a pc Sunday. I believe it’s before he jumps the cat walk... I think there is a scene with the falcon and then it cuts to Vader and Luke.

You have to look real good and slow mo pause it

You can see a few small patches of black spots

There is also some great pics of under the emitter and the neck

During the Vader duel I swear there’s more black paint on the emitter then there is the V2 lol

I was also under the impression this was a clamp-less v3...
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c26070a42e.jpg

It could be the V3 considering it seems to use the basic dueling rod blade. Why couldn't it have been color? One thing about the V3 is that even before it's repaint for the tours and such, it's got a fairly bright copper paint on the neck.
  15. Member Since
    Apr 2018
    3 Days Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 6:46 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #365

Hi Seth,

I signed up for this website because I wanted to thank you for your awesome lightsaber ebook. I'm a Star Wars fan who's been looking for a lightsaber prop that I could display and your book has proven to be an invaluable resource for discerning the differences among the Graflex saber across the Star Wars films. I wanted as accurate a TFA/TLJ "hero" version hilt with the longer grips as I could find, and thanks to your book I was able to learn all the visible differences from ESB and ANH. Happy to say I found one at a fair price that I just love.

On the other hand, your book has "ruined" the Disney Parks version of Rey's Lightsaber that I bought because now I can't unsee all the inaccuracies in their toy/replica-ish hilt. (How can the same company that has access to the original movie hilt put the control box at a 45 degree angle, place the circuit card upside down, and not go with a brass glass eye piece!? ) But for the price, it's still a fun toy to have around the office and motivate my interns with. .

Thanks again for all your time, effort, love, and hard work that obviously goes into your book. Can't wait for future editions to learn even more.
    From
    Los Angeles
    3 Days Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 6:31 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #366

My Pleasure! And My apologies!
    From
    Virginia
    3 Days Ago  Apr 19, 2018, 7:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #367

It could be the V3 considering it seems to use the basic dueling rod blade. Why couldn't it have been color? One thing about the V3 is that even before it's repaint for the tours and such, it's got a fairly bright copper paint on the neck.
    Gonna throw these up for discussion. First one shows a pretty clean V3 (you can zoom in pretty far on this one when downloaded). Second shows what looks to be worn black paint on the emitter at least.
    @halliwax
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3Lx8urCMAACiKf.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	468.8 KB 
ID:	811061   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a384b43d.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	794.5 KB 
ID:	811062  
    2 Days Ago  Apr 20, 2018, 8:52 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #368

Jediscum said: View Post
    Gonna throw these up for discussion. First one shows a pretty clean V3 (you can zoom in pretty far on this one when downloaded). Second shows what looks to be worn black paint on the emitter at least.
    @halliwax
    Thanks for those pictures. I'm still not sold on the black paint on the emitter.

I think the V3 may have been refurbished, possibly only partially. The reason I believe this, is the clean "booster" section, the bright copper paint on the neck. Whereas the V2 has remnants of black paint on it, and the copper/aged brass looks to have been added over the black. I know some think the V3 may have black paint on it. But to me it looks like it beat, and scuffed up, much like how the Yuma looked in its stunt form.
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Day Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 1:23 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #369

I think the dust is settling on TLJ so Those new additions are done. I'm still holding though because there's rumors circulating about a potential lightsaber in Solo... so we shall see...
  20. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Day Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 7:45 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #370

I think the dust is settling on TLJ so Those new additions are done. I'm still holding though because there's rumors circulating about a potential lightsaber in Solo... so we shall see...
    Is that rumor from the spoiler at a launch bay? Iíve been avoiding spoilers, and read there is a huge spoiler at the Florida launch bay

From
    Los Angeles
    1 Day Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 12:32 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #371

Is that rumor from the spoiler at a launch bay? I’ve been avoiding spoilers, and read there is a huge spoiler at the Florida launch bay

I saw people grumbling about that, but I missed the spoiler and can't seem to locate it now. I'm going off something Korbanth revealed in his latest email blast, which is something I heard whispers of a couple months ago.
    1 Day Ago  Apr 21, 2018, 1:05 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #372

I saw people grumbling about that, but I missed the spoiler and can't seem to locate it now. I'm going off something Korbanth revealed in his latest email blast, which is something I heard whispers of a couple months ago.
    Well that just made Solo a 100 times more interesting
  23. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    6 Hours Ago  Apr 22, 2018, 4:46 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #373

Exactly if true... now I gotta go check out this film...

I got the korbanth email but had to miss it

24. RPF Premium Member halliwax's Avatar
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    2 Hours Ago  Apr 22, 2018, 8:47 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #374

My friend and I have been building a e11 for him the past couple of nights. I got to talking about this spoiler... he spoiled me by telling me LOL

Itís interesting.....

I kinda hope not true

2 Hours Ago  Apr 22, 2018, 8:50 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #375

My friend and I have been building a e11 for him the past couple of nights. I got to talking about this spoiler... he spoiled me by telling me LOL

It’s interesting.....

I kinda hope not true

Okay, you have to tell now.

Put in in spoiler tags. I must know.