Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 13, 2017, 2:04 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #251

Call to arms!

While I plan to wait until after Roy, tCrooz, THD, and the rest of the detectives to dissect TLJ before committing to a new draft of the book, I am gearing up to add new images that have surfaced, new evidence, and a bit more info. If there's anything you feel the next draft needs, speak up!

...AND I'M STILL NOT DOING THE PT SABERS AS INDIVIDUAL ENTRIES!
    Sep 13, 2017, 11:37 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #252

@SethS thanks so much for your hard work!

I'm always clamouring for more pics - it might be that there'd end up being too manny in the body of the text. Could there perhaps be an "appendix" with a gallery of photos of each sabers (stills from films, promo shots etc) the ones we all pore over to answer questions like "rivets or screws"?
    From
    Rochester, N.Y.
    Sep 14, 2017, 10:50 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #253

I think this is a good idea, as long as it's not overwhelming.

fezfox said: View Post
    @SethS thanks so much for your hard work!

I'm always clamouring for more pics - it might be that there'd end up being too manny in the body of the text. Could there perhaps be an "appendix" with a gallery of photos of each sabers (stills from films, promo shots etc) the ones we all pore over to answer questions like "rivets or screws"?
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 14, 2017, 12:25 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #254

I'll expand where I can, I have a fair amount of new images-- but I'm only including good high res ones where details are not questionable.
    Sep 14, 2017, 1:46 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #255

I would like an extensive breakdown of all the AOTC background Jedi lightsabers. I know it will take weeks of exhaustive research, but if anyone can do it, it's Seth.
    From
    Los Angeles
    Sep 14, 2017, 2:03 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #256

From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Sep 17, 2017, 8:56 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #257

I'll be around, promise!

I'm eagerly awaiting good solid info, like the pictures Halliwax posted last page. Or the movie itself
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Sep 23, 2017, 9:43 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #258

Thanks for the info, good stuff
  9. RPF Premium Member Militicus's Avatar
    Oct 24, 2017, 7:08 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #259

Just read the whole thing, wealth of info in a single place, THANK YOU.
    Oct 24, 2017, 7:38 PM - The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #260

If it wasnít for this I wouldnít have a single clue about any of the lightsaber props, apart from the very basics. Such a comprehensive and well put together guide ó a must-have for any coffee table.
  11. RPF Premium Member
    Oct 24, 2017, 9:33 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #261

Excellent.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From
    Italy, Treviso
    Nov 7, 2017, 10:05 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #262

@SethS

WOW!
    I've just seen this thread, impressive!
    This guide is absolutely terrific, great!
  13. Member Since
    Jan 2015
    4 Weeks Ago  Nov 8, 2017, 10:35 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #263

well ill certainly be needing this for my first lightsaber build! thanks for all the hard work!
    Last edited by Cinsev; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:36 AM. Reason: my keyboard was having a stroke
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 24, 2017, 6:20 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #264

I wondered if there were any accurate plans for Lukeís ROTJ ďheroĒ saber? The eBook only has blueprints for the V2 saber, or is this simply because we donít have enough information about the hero prop to be able to put together any definitive materials?

I just wondered because Iím in the planning stages of a scratch build of this lightsaber, and it would be extremely helpful. If not, I can just use the V2 plans as a guide and make alterations to more suit the Hero as I go along (using the brilliant research in the eBook.)

Kind regards, The14thDr
  15. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 24, 2017, 9:17 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #265

The current idea right now is that the Hero/Yuma was a custom machined pieced based on a resin stunt of the V3 they had (either had on hand or had sent to them), made to match the details (color scheme included) that it sported then but had the nipple for the sword-stunt work. However, the most telling detail is the body section with the clamp, as seen here:

Being that it was a custom machined piece based on this, the measurements are different (I think the Yuma is a smaller than the Stunts) but you get the general idea.

Also, should this resin stunt be included in the photo reference of the "bible"?
    From
    Los Angeles
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 24, 2017, 10:14 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #266

I’ve got it all queued up!
    2 Weeks Ago  Nov 25, 2017, 3:01 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #267

Thank you PoopaPapaPalps! As you can see Iíve still got a lot to learn about all the different props, but the amount of research that goes on here is just phenomenal!
    1 Week Ago  Dec 2, 2017, 6:00 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #268

Excellent Work here, Thanks SO much for putting this together!
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Dec 3, 2017, 9:56 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #269

Question for the room--

The current guide is laid out in terms of narrative saber-- for example, I start with the Graflex since in theory it is the same saber from ROTS through TFA.

Do you guys like it organized in this way, or would you prefer I do it by movie? For example, all the ANH sabers, all the ESB sabers, etc.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 3, 2017, 10:23 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #270

I donít know, I like the way it is now. But I can understand keeping them in order by each movie as well

Iím pretty much cool with anything you do because I know I wonít be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 1:36 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #271

I like the way it's organized now, by saber. It'll get very confused and repetitive to do all sabers per movie. Searching something would be a pain!
  22. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 5:06 AM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #272

Agreed with previous statements. You've also worked in narrative elements pertaining to each saber profile already, so it's already easy to follow.
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 1:51 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #273

Agreed. The way the book is laid out at the moment makes it much easier to read and search through.

A little off-topic, but I wonder if anything like this eBook exists for blaster props? Then again, I suppose with all of the different types of blaster, then the different variants, different versions of the props, etc, trying to compile all of that for the OT alone would be a mammoth task. If not, Iíd love to get the ball rolling on a project like this, but Iím afraid my knowledge is severely limited. What does everyone think? Is this a good idea? If so I could perhaps start a new thread to discuss ideas and keep things on-topic over here.
    From
    South Carolina
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 10:41 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #274

I like the way this one flows. It's a great read!
    From
    Los Angeles
    1 Week Ago  Dec 4, 2017, 11:22 PM - Re: The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook #275

The14thDr said: View Post
    Agreed. The way the book is laid out at the moment makes it much easier to read and search through.

A little off-topic, but I wonder if anything like this eBook exists for blaster props? Then again, I suppose with all of the different types of blaster, then the different variants, different versions of the props, etc, trying to compile all of that for the OT alone would be a mammoth task. If not, I’d love to get the ball rolling on a project like this, but I’m afraid my knowledge is severely limited. What does everyone think? Is this a good idea? If so I could perhaps start a new thread to discuss ideas and keep things on-topic over here.
    I think it's a great idea. I don't have the same knowledge for blasters that I do for lightsabers, but if you wanted to write it and pool images together I'd be down to assemble it together as a companion book.