Clear Coat Choice For EVA Foam Help

baconboyrlz

Hello! I'm searching for a clear coat/sealer for my EVA foam amor so as to protect it from accumulating dirtand smudge marks since it's white foam. Unfortunately, it's not really that simple, I'm using TNT cosplay supply foam, and quite like the look of it, so, I don't want to paint it, meaning it has to take to the foam's surface. I also can't use a spray paint as I have a lot of paracord running over the armor, so I'd like it to be available in paint cans, or something like that to dip a brush in. Last thing, if possible I'd like the clear coat to be semi gloss, instead of glossy or matte. Sorry for being picky, hope you can help!

Whatever you go with, you'll need to seal the foam first. Hit it with a heat gun a few times, and then apply something like mod podge (it does clear). As far as a semi gloss finish, I'd say almost any clear spray would work; you could simply cover the parts you don't want painted with painters tape. Otherwise, you could go with mixing Liquitex Super Gloss and Flat mediums together and applying that with a brush.

This is just my opinion; I'm sure others with more experience working with eva foam can offer better info.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back