Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Reading these posts while listening to Leia's theme from a New Hope .......................I don't think I will listen to it again without thinking The Princess:cry

a9de09b0a37a11d35363330d74c7b0fb.jpg

5cb706bd3aee8646eee451373bf29f94.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

What a rough year for SW...Kenny Baker and now Carrie Fisher. You will be missed and always remembered. MTFBWYA and rest in peace.
Also Peter Summer, who played the guy asking about TK421.
And Admiral Ackbar

And Michael Leader, the Stormtrooper that knocks his head on the door.

This is such tough news to take in. I'm very glad I met her once and that I saw her on stage at Celebration Europe this summer.

Rest in peace Carrie.

Last edited:
Another Sad Passing....Thanks for the Memories.....from Star Wars to the Blue Bros.....you will be missed.....

I was 3 when I first watched Star Wars. It gave me the ideas that later evolved into my interest in prop-making, graphic design and film-making. I can't put to words how devastated I am right now. I feel like I've lost a huge part of not only myself. From the original trio, Carrie was the person that I've always followed the most. She was strong, funny and beautiful woman. She was open about her problems and always spoke her mind. I cannot think of any other actress that was so kind and similar to character she portrayed. Carrie was my first crush and love. She was everything that I've later seen as a perfect woman nature. Strong, joyful, smart, funny, heart-warming and independent woman. It's heart-breaking to write this now since I know that I won't ever any more books from her or see her on any talk shows. I was hoping to finally meet her this year on SW Celebration but I guess it's not going to happen anytime soon. All my friends that worked on newest films and had a chance to meet Ms. Fisher told me the same qualities that I mentioned before. This is terrible loss for me and definitely any person on this board. Farewell Princess. May the Force Be with You, Carrie.

Post scriptum - Disney, don't you dare CG-ing her in Episode IX. Don't you dare.

Last edited:
Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack...

As a physician, I'm trying not to read between the lines based on the limited info that we have.

My best wishes for her; been watching her film roles since Summer 1977. They are saying "cardiac arrest" but that can be a general term. Sudden loss of consciousness and passing out can come from multiple issues, such as:

1) Acute myocardial infarction, "heart attack"
2) Stroke
3) Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
4) Leaking or ruptured aneurysm
5) Acute toxicity (drug overdose), although this is not normally a "sudden" thing where you are just fine one moment and unconscious the next.

...having said that, and not to sound morbid, but this could completely change the course of Episodes 8 and 9. And you know that Lucasfilm is shocked at the moment, for myriad reasons. People being told to go look at entertainment contracts and insurance policies about right now...

God bless Carrie. Speedy recovery!
I've been trying to read between the lines on the medical side too. That London to L.A. flight still looms larger than anything else in this situation. DVT to P.E. to Cardiac... but we (as public & fans) will probably never know.
This'll put a huge dent in the ep IX storyline, to say the very least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Bad day all around cause I'm actually mourning 3 people. A family friend, an elementary school classmate, and Carrie.

Was lucky to meet Carrie 3 years ago when she was a guest at our Comic Expo in Calgary. Awesome lady. Put a smile on the face of all those that were around her. Got to meet her pup Gary too. I volunteer for the Expo and they organize the shows in Saskatoon and Edmonton as well. Carrie made it to both expos this past September. Glad the peeps out there got to meet her too. A couple pics of her signing my 8x10. As soon as I get back home after the holidays, the 8x10 is going into a frame. RIP princess. :(

IMG_0073%20Medium_zpsqr65gaja.jpg

IMG_0075%20Medium_zpsmhjzg5or.jpg
DSCN2231%20Medium_zpslylox7xd.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back