Disney Star Wars weekend

nicklambo

Just returned from my second/third? Star Wars weekend at Disney Florida...If you're anything like me (and i'm sure you are) then it is a great weekend with stormtoopers greeting you from the roof of the entrance building, parades of Star Wars characters down the main street and characters walking around the sites looking for photo opportunities as well as a cool(ish) Star Wars shop at the back of the Star Tours ride. Highlights were my son getting to fight Darth Maul in the jedi training achademy and getting a certificate to say he is now a Padawan learner, my son dueling with lighsabers with a kid dressed as Darth Vader ( my son does a great Obi Wan impression and drops to the floor becoming one with force (episode 4) and getting applauded by the crowd as we all waited for the parade to start and Zam taking a keen interest in him ( he's very good looking for a Padawan!!)...lowlights..we went on the first Friday and there did not seem to be as many characters in the parade this year??...

Last edited:
The shop is always there, not just on Star Wars weekends. I got back from there at the end of May and just missed the Star Wars weekends. Oh well, maybe next year! Although I did pick up one of those 1/2 scale Yodas - he's kinda cool.

Sounds like you had fun though! Did you pick up the new US Star Wars stamps at any of the local post offices?

Huzz

The amount of people in the parade varies based on 501st particaptation in the parade. Some days the 501st goes and brings anywhere from 40-150 extra people to the parade other days they don't go at all.

The amount of people in the parade varies based on 501st particaptation in the parade. Some days the 501st goes and brings anywhere from 40-150 extra people to the parade other days they don't go at all.

True and a big thing that matters for the 501st is who are the guests for the weekend. Ray Park may draw more than Aunt Buru

Either BradleyFett redid the clone sculpts or that is new armor that I havent seen in the world of 501st clones. Interesting. Look like c6 buckets too. Hmmmm.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back