Kylo Ren Sabers - Repainting some toys!

ForceSensitvAL

For my first go, I got a Bladebuilder Kylo at the grocery store for $9. Decided to make a 'battle relic' version with some leather wrap somehow incorporated.

Sanding, primer, basic paint, main detailing:
1.jpg

Weathering, which included a dark brown wash with hints of copper:
5.jpg

Leather wrap and printed a stand. At the time, I considered it done:
6.jpg

Went into Tinkercad and made some more accessories for the 3 emitters and the pommel:
9.jpg

10.jpg

..but the battle continues...

For my main display saber, I decided to mod a Disney. Got it, and the only thing I didn't like was how thick the top part was. Even though recessing the metal innards would make it much more accurate, I decided to hybridize the Disney with a Bladebuilder.

Got out the saw and cut the exhaust emitters and caged pommel off of the Bladebuilder.
cut.jpg

Measured, designed and printed some adapter parts to put the two hilts together:
adapt.jpg

Put together with a rough sanding. This is before any fine sanding, general refinement, priming, etc. Also before I finishing moving over the gold clip.
new3.jpg

new2.jpg

new1.jpg

One mistake I made was when gluing the exhaust emitters to the sides. Looking at the saber from the side, with the red wire pointing to the right, the two exhausts are rotated too counterclockwise. Oddly enough, I liked how it looked and decided to keep it.

I've since finishing sanding, adding the top of the gold clip, and it's been primed and detailed. Still have some weathering and a final clear coat, so hopefully I'll be all done by next weekend.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back