M19 telescope mhr 1942 build

The original Hensoldt scopes have dome lenses, correct? Since there are so many other accurate details, it would be a shame if that small detail was left unaddressed....that's just my perfectionism coming in though.

Also, thank you for taking all of these parts on...it is highly appreciated!

Im cutting plastic lens,,, im sure glass can be found , ill see

I've purchased Field Marshall's Greedo Killer Scope replica, which also came with cut plastic lenses, but I was easily able to find some domed glass watch crystals that fit both ends perfectly. Try searching eBay for "lo-dome glass watch crystal". Plenty of them have drop-down menus that allow you to select a size in increments of 0.1 - 0.5 mm's !!!

The original Hensoldt scopes have dome lenses, correct? Since there are so many other accurate details, it would be a shame if that small detail was left unaddressed....that's just my perfectionism coming in though.

Also, thank you for taking all of these parts on...it is highly appreciated!

Question, I have Field Marshall's GK scope too. How did you attach a lens to the small end?

I've purchased Field Marshall's Greedo Killer Scope replica, which also came with cut plastic lenses, but I was easily able to find some domed glass watch crystals that fit both ends perfectly. Try searching eBay for "lo-dome glass watch crystal". Plenty of them have drop-down menus that allow you to select a size in increments of 0.1 - 0.5 mm's !!!

Question, I have Field Marshall's GK scope too. How did you attach a lens to the small end?

It was tough, but I found a way. I'm at the office right now but will be making a post (with pictures) on my GK thread this evening showing how I did it. I managed to get the small lens element threaded all the way back, so it sits about where a real Compac would. It's tough because you have to do this BEFORE painting, or the threads become unusable. Link to my build:

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=216859

Someone recently asked me if I would upgrade their Luke Skywalker MGC blaster build. It was apparently built around 10 years ago originally and as you can see, thanks to Field Marshal we've come a LONG way.
5c0d6d649d6a1a4135602c809ad4c418.jpg
b2df98321a9b89ce34f8647d31be4423.jpg
0bad70f68643c8aa8bc0699199b24bce.jpg
52a26160de2bdb2944b94e31dec8d42c.jpg
3d5a92c6934a412c62dd1803617b7836.jpg
8482979d8f638dd1bce69ec381ef7da6.jpg
27f620bcfc4e3ff1735ae33af00bd112.jpg
14fcaeaf4ef991fe5d205b7d7c83617c.jpg

If you curious as to why the barrel is a little short it's because we had a bit of a hiccup along the way. On the original build the barrel was cut super short and the flash hider was originally screwed on. Took a little creativity but we made it work.
8f8cc55fad63d08d5b0f56b5b7fd713b.jpg

Last edited:
Field Marshall, Do you have any extra brackets to hold the inside front lens for an M32? I've picked up two M32s and what to
change them back to there original state. I'd need two. Pic attached. Thx

Redbuttonm32-D.jpg

The Hensoldt is up for sale. Mine should be coming tomorrow. The mount I would assume is still tracking for availability next month.

Can you post an order link? I could only see the greedo killer on his site and ebay. And the empire scopes.

Can you post an order link? I could only see the greedo killer on his site and ebay. And the empire scopes.

It’s in the same store unless he’s already sold out?

Mount probably won’t be ready for another month or two but it will be well worth the wait! [emoji106]

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back