Locations: ET Park

PHArchivist

Master Member
Since I don't have a blog yet, I'll spout off here...

Visited the park today. Happy to say the Caterpillar and original swing set are still there. But (old news likely) the geodesic dome has been removed and the general path of the van has been replaced by a more contemporary play area.

Is it possible the Caterpillar has the original paint from 1982? Sort of looked like it...

FYI for fellow SoCal brethren "in the know" - this park is just a couple hundred yards from SoCal Gas Co prperty, and their infrastructure is visible from the road. No wonder it was such a nightmare for Porter Ranch with that leak.

Pics later, maybe. If you ask nicely.

:darnkids

Just cause the guy has a Death Star.... He thinks he can tease us???

Rabble rabble! Pitchforks!

Show us pics jerky!!! Lol.

Seriously, that's pretty cool esp if the caterpillar is original!

Here...

031.jpg

ET 001.jpg

ET 002.jpg

It's repainted, there are chips in it in 82 that are not present now, and the rungs were all yellow---now they're red and blue.
The sand has built up around it by like two feet, lol.
That tree has done well.

Thanks for the pics!

It's repainted, there are chips in it in 82 that are not present now, and the rungs were all yellow---now they're red and blue.
The sand has built up around it by like two feet, lol.
That tree has done well.

Thanks for the pics!

Agreed. Soon after I posted I realized the eyes are a touch different now as well. Reason for the thought was on the top of the head, the paint is worn off to the metal, such that you can see the layers of paint, and I saw no purple. But that's hardly telling...

Regarding the tree, I'm a bit confused over the larger, mature pine. The tree framed inside the arch of the caterpillar in the screen-cap doesn't look like a pine.

Another (small) bit of irony...

Those that geek out over "film geography" probably are aware that the terrain, flora, and fauna of the Porter Ranch area is pretty dissimilar to the redwood forest areas the kids ride their bikes to in like five minutes. Reason being of course is the forest scenes were shot in Northern California redwood forests. And SoCal doesn't HAVE redwoods does it...?

Well, not many at any rate... But the house that is closest to the ET Park indeed does have a beautiful mature redwood (at least it appears so to me) in its front yard. Sort of cool. Sort of...

Last edited:
Thanks for the pics!

Always loved those locations I know one of the subdivisions has changed a lot since filming took place

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back