*UPDATED: 1/12 scale moisture vaporator e junkyard

Hedonist Farmer

*UPDATED pics at the bottom*
hello everyone! today i decided to scratch build something to go with some of my bandai model kits in a possible future diorama. i always wanted a moisture vaporator model so here we go i built one. the main body is made out a broken airsoft scope and some empty tape rolls. i used a lot of lego pieces for the greeblies and pieces from a garden hose for the top
2e1u6h1.jpg

the base color is a simple rattlecan (ivory white)
2njk16q.jpg

all the weathering was done with vallejo whashes (black, umber and sepia) and with Tamya weather masters (mostly C and B kits and a little bit of mud from A)
65ps36.jpg

as you can see from the side it's not exactly straight lol, but i guess years of use in the harsh tatooine desert had taken their toll ehehe :D
2a5f28k.jpg

here is the tower compared to a couple of 1/12 scale model kits

first time building something from scratch so i was super excited. i just recently got into the model making hobby after years of cosplay and prop making (wich i still do)

UPDATED: i had so much fun with the vaporator that i decided to extend my junkyard lol.
Bandai 1/12 custom shocktrooper for scale
apchlg.jpg

2iie447.jpg

the power converter pilon thingy is made out an empty co2 cartridge and a pill bottle. the greeblies are made out of lego and some pieces of a straw
2mgkriu.jpg

the two tiny columns are some weird plastic valve protections i found in my garage. not much work here except the weathering. they already look cool
257hyfa.jpg

the case was the packaging of some toy. i had a tiny bandai decal leftover from my stormtrooper kit so i added a little imperial detail.
4j0q6u.jpg

kf4nx3.jpg

Last edited:
Re: 1/12 scale (kinda) Tatooine moisture vaporator

Nice work! Love the scratch built models!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Nice work! I'm going to riff off your work for my halloween display this year. You've got some mad skillz!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back