1/72 Interstellar Ranger from Moebius

Hedonist Farmer

hi everyone. i'd like to share my first model kit build. before this i just made some Bandai 1/12 model figurines which are great and a lot of fun, but non exactly very hard to build. i stumbled upon a youtube video of this great Moebius model kit and decided to give it a try since Interstellar is one of my favourite movie ever. this was really fun and challenging for me and it gave me the opportunity to try airbrushing for the first time
finished product:
e7z2ux.jpg

n155oy.jpg

i also made the base myself out of floral foam. i was trying to recreate the icy surface of doctor Mann's planet from the movie
2v11zdu.jpg

3bolz.jpg

2n17xht.jpg

my only complaint is that, for the price, they should probably take into consideration to pre-cut the tiny windows because if you only paint them they really look like garbage and cutting them is a real pain in the arse (the main hull is rather thick)
34t37rd.jpg

That's your first build? Seriously? this looks like you've been at it for years! Excellent work, and a great base and presentation too:)

thank you! yes this is my first "classic" model kit build. i did a bunch of bandai action figures wich helped me a lot to practice on some techniques.

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

You've doe a fantastic job! You are a natural. Those windows are perfect, did you use clear acetate in them?
Also your base is perfect as well. :thumbsup :thumbsup

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back