Nintendo is releasing a miniature NES with 30 built-in games

People's biggest gripe was only 30 games. Subtracting out the ones they don't have licencing for anymore they still have a few hundred they can add, make a 2.0 version with ability to add games and actually stock it in stores, it'll do better than this one did. The original was already hacked and toms added so it can be done. Just make it official.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

People's biggest gripe was only 30 games. Subtracting out the ones they don't have licencing for anymore they still have a few hundred they can add, make a 2.0 version with ability to add games and actually stock it in stores, it'll do better than this one did. The original was already hacked and toms added so it can be done. Just make it official.

if they wanted to do that good a job, they would have done it the first time :)

I honestly expect this to be nintendo's last system.

they just don't seem to have the same gumption they did before.

Some of those 3rd party emulators are very hastily slapped together. I read a review about a Sega one that basically said it sucked.

But buying the NES mini for $100+ isn't a joke? The NES mini is also an emulator, but because the Brand name is slapped on it, everyone thinks it's better?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ssic-nintendo-linux-emulator-rom-raspberry-pi

I've been using a Retron5 (also uses emulators) to play my carts for two reasons: 1) reduce wear on my original consoles and 2) the Retron plays way more nicely with my LCD than the original units do. I'd like to get a large CRT set up eventually, but it's not in the cards right now. These new retro consoles are great options IMO.

But buying the NES mini for $100+ isn't a joke? The NES mini is also an emulator, but because the Brand name is slapped on it, everyone thinks it's better?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...ssic-nintendo-linux-emulator-rom-raspberry-pi

I hate Nes Mini and Snes Mini. These game consoles are just an emulator for the young peoples who have not experienced the original Nes ans Snes.
Nowadays, a classic Nes is not costly. In France it's 30 euro without packaging.

I collect game consoles (Atari, Nes, Snes, PS1 2 3, Megadrive, Game Gear, N64, Game Boy etc......) and I prefer to play with them (without HDMI lol)

However, I have a Sony PSP and I downloaded an emulator . It's perfect lol. The emulator can emulate nes, snes, megadrive, game gear, game boy, N64 etc...
It's quit handy in many situations (in the bed, in the garden etc...)

- - - Updated - - -

Some of those 3rd party emulators are very hastily slapped together. I read a review about a Sega one that basically said it sucked.

Wich modele ? H&B ?

I hate Nes Mini and Snes Mini. These game consoles are just an emulator for the young peoples who have not experienced the original Nes ans Snes.
Nowadays, a classic Nes is not costly. In France it's 30 euro without packaging.

I collect game consoles (Atari, Nes, Snes, PS1 2 3, Megadrive, Game Gear, N64, Game Boy etc......) and I prefer to play with them (without HDMI lol)

However, I have a Sony PSP and I downloaded an emulator . It's perfect lol. The emulator can emulate nes, snes, megadrive, game gear, game boy, N64 etc...
It's quit handy in many situations (in the bed, in the garden etc...)

- - - Updated - - -

Wich modele ? H&B ?
Iirc the article was talking about the newest one with wireless controllers modelled after the genesis. Said the menus were bad and framerates wet horrible on the Sega branded games but fine on the 3rd party games they include.

im bumping this old thread because a few months ago i randomly scored a SNES classic. i was talking with the guys at gamestop and they told me NES classic is being re released in 2018.

i am not a gamer, but was a nintendo kid in the 80s with everyone else. so im not up to date in the video game world.

i was wondering if anyone has heard anything about nex classic coming back to the shelfs in 2018? really dont want to miss this...

I want the one that looks like the console I grew up with:

snesclassic-6.jpg

Any news on the nes classic coming back?! I heard rumors 2018 it was coming back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back