Bandai 1/72 PG Millennium Falcon (also the Revell Germany rebox)

Re: Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

Came really close to buying one at NYCC today but $400 plus 9% NY sales tax was just too hard for me to swing when I actually looked it in the eye, haha. Interestingly, they apparently only brought 30, and unless they sold 5 in the last 45 mins, they did not sell out. This pic was taken about 4:15 today.

20171008_134915.jpg

Display was the same docking bay 94 that has been at other conventions, very nice!

View attachment 764592

I was really surprised with the quality of the paint jobs on all the other models they had on display. A couple were OK but most of them were very bad. Heavy black panel wash on everything. Many used the stickers that come with the models, which just dont look good (to me, anyway, and probably to most anyone else that posts here regularly). I guess it makes sense to try to show off what can be done without the skill level required for a stunning paint job, but I kind of expected to see the best possible finished models they could put together at a show like this. I mean NYCC is a pretty major event.

Yeah, Bandai has built their reputation on kits that almost anyone can put together without paint or glue, so that might be why they are displaying that way.

So the post a few back- with the pics from the self organised one-do we know if that is stickers or decals or paint for the colored panels?

What BS. Preordered from the Gundam store the day it was available for preordered and still no Falcon.
Yea I hear you on that. I'm in the same boat. Their add was misleading saying that it would ship late summer. I've contacted Adam at the Gundam store and here is his response.

"Sorry We get our shipment in October. The original time frame was In Summer but Bandai pushed back the US release date to October."

Adam Ryan
USA Gundam Inc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah. Adam is very apologetic, but he can't control what Bandai does. Of course, when they do get their shipment, will they ship on a first ordered-first shipped basis, or what. I'm running out of Depends waiting to get mine!:(

In a couple of weeks there’ll be enough of these around in the countries that have it licensed (including Australia) that ordering won’t be an issue.

I’m finally happy that I don’t have to use a middle man anymore here in Oz.

In a couple of weeks there’ll be enough of these around in the countries that have it licensed (including Australia) that ordering won’t be an issue.

I’m finally happy that I don’t have to use a middle man anymore here in Oz.

Little Robot in WA has them for $605 AUD shipped anywhere in Australia. I'm thinking of getting a few from them - this has been a dream build so far.

Whereabouts in Oz are you ordering from? (I'm in Sydney)

Hobbyco will have the entire bandai vehicle range in by the end of the month.

And they’ll be the official distributor down here like bluefin is in the us. Don’t expect to wait anymore for new releases.

Hobbyco will have the entire bandai vehicle range in by the end of the month.

And they’ll be the official distributor down here like bluefin is in the us. Don’t expect to wait anymore for new releases.

Wow, whenever I talk to the guys in the QVB store they're always so vague and in the dark about any and all kits and supplies that they might be getting in, so this is surprising news!

Having said that I have been getting my Bandai kits from a Japanese supplier on ebay and they work out to be almost half the price that Aussie retailers are selling them for, but I'm hesitant about having a model as large and fragile as the PG Falcon shipped from overseas. Plus shipping costs for one so large might end up almost cancelling out the benefits. Thanks for the info!

Wow, whenever I talk to the guys in the QVB store they're always so vague and in the dark about any and all kits and supplies that they might be getting in, so this is surprising news!

Having said that I have been getting my Bandai kits from a Japanese supplier on ebay and they work out to be almost half the price that Aussie retailers are selling them for, but I'm hesitant about having a model as large and fragile as the PG Falcon shipped from overseas. Plus shipping costs for one so large might end up almost cancelling out the benefits. Thanks for the info!

HobbyCo? In the dark? Never... *sarcasm*
I had my kit shipped from Japan EMS and for free - it arrived in perfect condition - the packaging is almost as good as the kit.

So the post a few back- with the pics from the self organised one-do we know if that is stickers or decals or paint for the colored panels?

I may be wrong, but looking at the actual model, I had the impression that the panels were colored with paint, not with the decals.

One certain thing (that should be apparent just by looking at my photos) is that the model has much more articulated panels than the included decals, so some amount of paintwork must have been done to articulate the panels, even if the decals were used.

I may be wrong, but looking at the actual model, I had the impression that the panels were colored with paint, not with the decals..

There seem to have been a number of promotional models assembled for display at various conventions and so on, judging by the various photos and videos. I've seen some versions that were clearly entirely painted, but at least one that used the supplied pre-coloured stickers instead of paint. You can tell easily in closeups of grey panels, which show the halftone dots.

- nkg

From NYCC a couple of days ago:
[edit: ignore the first two photos, those are of the efx version]

Attachments

• IMG_7425.JPG
    IMG_7425.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 322
  • IMG_7426.JPG
    IMG_7426.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 334
  • IMG_7430.JPG
    IMG_7430.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 314

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back