My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Temple of Doom” (1984)

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : 2.0 (2016+)

love the jaws display, the barrel is close enfough to the movie one to be a great display piece. heres two pics that i think would look good with your display.
Tiger Shark pic.jpg Jaws Photo.jpg

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : 2.0 (2016+)

love the jaws display, the barrel is close enfough to the movie one to be a great display piece. heres two pics that i think would look good with your display.

Thanks man! :thumbsup

Another quick addition to the Collection today. After finally getting my long-awaited 'frog' prop from MAGNOLIA, I thought that I'd try to add something else from another one of Paul Thomas Anderson's films. After some thorough investigation, I was able to track down a vintage wooden bowling-pin virtually identical to the one that was used by Daniel Day-Lewis in the final scene of THERE WILL BE BLOOD.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Gremlins 2" (1990)

I was able to grab one of the NECA "Flasher" Gremlins the other day from an F.Y.E. Store in a City that I happened to be passing through. I've been wanting one of these things in pretty much any version for quite some time now, (except for the "Female" Gremlin...yeeeesh!) and was lucky enough to get this one discounted down to about $150 bucks because he was missing his original shades. (I substituted with some old-school blue & red '3-D' glasses instead. Looks more 'Home Theater-ish' that way anyhow.)

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "A Nightmare On Elm Street"

My main Prop-Cabinet has been getting a little crowded lately, so I figured that I'd put up a small wall-shelf for some of my main 'Indy' props.

Which, of course, means that now I've got to begin refilling my Cabinet again... :D
Behold! My first ever NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET related prop! I've never been the biggest fan of the series necessarily, but they're definitely good, stupid fun...and Freddy's Glove itself is just too iconic of a prop to not include it somehow in the Collection. This is just the NECA 'Dream Warriors' version that is currently for sale and, I've gotta say, is AMAZINGLY well-made for the money! They really did a pretty good job on this, honestly.

The shelf looks great,Adam !! Actually,the whole room looks amazing !!

Regards,
Gary

Wow awesome. you did a great job displaying everything. I hope you spend lots of time in there.

Your collection is absolutely magnificent, diverse and you set it up beautifully. Congrats :thumbsup

How'd I miss this thread until now? Awesome collection Adam... so much eye candy!

I have to ask: where'd you get Bubo the owl from? Such a cool prop from one of my favourite movies.

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

I have to ask: where'd you get Bubo the owl from? Such a cool prop from one of my favourite movies.

I know what you mean. It's a favorite of mine, too. Unfortunately, it seems like it's almost impossible to find a decent prop-replica of Bubo out there anywhere, so the one in my Cabinet is just one of the cheap, rubber 'costume accessories' that can found online for usually under $20 bucks or so.

http://www.blockbustercostumes.com/p-5538-clash-of-the-titans-prop-replica-toy-bubo-mechanical-owl.aspx?CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=12660102804&CATCI=pla-140492864724&catargetid=130000390000000403&cadevice=m&gclid=CJ7ZgvX6yM0CFQ8vaQod3zYHyw

It's not to scale, (or even totally accurate) but it's still a pretty good 'place-holder' for the money, until a better option comes along someday.

I also have two new additions to the Collection. I was so pleased with the NECA 'Freddy Krueger' Glove, that I thought I'd go ahead and give their "FRIDAY THE 13th: Part 3" Jason Mask a try. Overall, I'm pretty pleased, given how little it cost. (What do you expect for $30-40 bucks, right?) It's a little too 'yellow-ish' looking to me, but generally speaking, I'm pretty happy with it.

But the REAL prop that I'm the most excited to be getting again is the original fiberglass 'Hannibal Lecter' mask from "THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS". (Made by fiberglassmasks.com) I already owned this prop from them a few years ago, but had to sell it, (along with a few other items unfortunately) after we needed some quick cash. I've regretted it ever since. It's nice to finally have it back in my Collection again. I've definitely missed it! (The second picture really shows off the mask's 'translucent' quality when there's light shining through it from behind.) Absolutely STELLAR quality! Bob is a master craftsman, for sure. :thumbsup

Last edited:

Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

I know what you mean. It's a favorite of mine, too. Unfortunately, it seems like it's almost impossible to find a decent prop-replica of Bubo out there anywhere, so the one in my Cabinet is just one of the cheap, rubber 'costume accessories' that can found online for usually under $20 bucks or so.

http://www.blockbustercostumes.com/...3&cadevice=m&gclid=CJ7ZgvX6yM0CFQ8vaQod3zYHyw

It's not to scale, (or even totally accurate) but it's still a pretty good 'place-holder' for the money, until a better option comes along someday.

Yeap, it's a great prop replica to own.
Being a huge admirer of Harryhausen's work and already having the Medusa, Cyclops and the Skeleton this one is definitely missing in the lot :D

Here are some pics of the original prop (2010 London Harryhausen exhibition)

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg pic4.jpg

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "The Silence Of The Lambs" (1991)

A couple new Prop additions. The element stones from THE FIFTH ELEMENT, (I have all 4 of them even though only 3 of them are shown), and 3 'translucent' type Sankara Stones from INDIANA JONES and the TEMPLE of DOOM. (There's a lighted wooden base that came with them so that they appear to 'glow'.)

A couple new Prop additions. The element stones from THE FIFTH ELEMENT, (I have all 4 of them even though only 3 of them are shown), and 3 'translucent' type Sankara Stones from INDIANA JONES and the TEMPLE of DOOM. (There's a lighted wooden base that came with them so that they appear to 'glow'.)

View attachment 665785 View attachment 665786 View attachment 665787 View attachment 665788

The Fifth Element stones look great. Did you build them or source them from someone?

Thanks! Everything was just stuff that was purchased on e-Bay within the past couple of weeks or so.

View attachment 665785 View attachment 665786 View attachment 665787 View attachment 665788

I like those Sankara Stones. I need to get some of the translucent ones for my collection.

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Fifth Element" & "Temple of Doom"

Awesome collection and display!

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "The Force Awakens"

I was able to pick-up a 'Jakks Pacific' Deluxe "BB8" Figure this weekend. After seeing some of the cool custom weathering jobs that several of you guys were doing with this piece, I decided to go ahead and give it a shot myself. It didn't turn out too badly if I do say so myself. :) (It's definitely an amazing item for the money, I must say.) Since I had the paint-supplies out, I went ahead and did the same thing to my R2-D2 too. Here are some before & after pics, along with some shots of them in my Home Theater.

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Iron Man"/"Captain America"/"Star Trek"

I just added a few more new pieces to the Collection. The HASBRO 'Legends Series' version of Iron Man's Helmet and Captain America's Shield, as well as 'The Wand Company' versions of the 'STAR TREK Original Series' Phaser and Communicator.

Overall, I'm super pleased with everything! I think the Helmet and Shield make a great combo hanging on the wall together, and the STAR TREK props really go well with my other 'Wrath of Khan' & 'Search For Spock' items. Highly recommended on all counts!

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Iron Man"/"Captain America"/"Star Trek"

I was in the mood to do a photo-shoot for some of my 'Indiana Jones' related props today. There are several pieces that I'd still like to add to the mix, (including a 'Cross of Coronado' and a 'Grail Diary' eventually) but for right now, I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far.

Re: My PROP COLLECTION : (*NEW!*) "Halloween"/Elm Street"/"Friday the 13th"

I just picked up my very first ever "Halloween" Michael Myers mask, (not super screen-accurate, but good enough for my purposes) and so I thought I'd go ahead and do a quick couple of photos with my NECA "Friday the 13th: Part 3" mask and my "Nightmare on Elm Street" props. Happy 'week before Halloween', everybody! :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back