Weebo from "Flubber"

Holy cow, this project got serious fast! What you have managed to get together in animation is mind boggling.
As far as functional props go, this one ranks way up there.

OMG what a great job! Well done man! She was my fav robot when i was a kid ^^ (next to johnny 5 ofc)
Will you publish your 3d files at any time?

Thanks for all of the compliments!! I am making another one now, that is much better, for someone. I am perfecting my design and hope to have my files available in August along with plenty of reference photos for you guys. Here is the new one..

6971529528067c9c738128de2a678f37.jpg

b9eb0e48f7e9350fcc90d5ff477387ea.jpg

d2161d748d5905eaa29a5a047541e96a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Re: Weebo from "Flubber"

Sorry guys for the delays updating here! I have been busy with other projects but have also been building a second more accurate Weebo. This has given me the opportunity to take more photos and have been trying to make a somewhat of a guide for you guys. I will be putting all of the files up on my site including STLs, Audio, Video and all my reference photos. Give me a few more weeks and it will all be available to you guys.

Now some new things I have finished on this second one is more accurate dimensions thanks to Adam sending me reference photos. He was also kind enough to send me a couple original castings of the Eye lens and the 3 Engine Jets. I went ahead on my new design and remodeled the Lower Jets based on Adam's parts. So now the 3 lower jets are more accurate and have been given servos to make them move. It has turned out awesome! I also added a working 12v light to Weebos flashlight. I used a pinball lamp instead of a LED because I feel that is more accurate. Here is a couple of videos.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you using the rear vent for part of the animatronics. But if you need, I may have a sheet of the plastic perforated mesh which resides there. After looking at Adam's photos I am almost sure it's the correct stuff.

It looks like you using the rear vent for part of the animatronics. But if you need, I may have a sheet of the plastic perforated mesh which resides there. After looking at Adam's photos I am almost sure it's the correct stuff.
I'd like to see what you have. I made a 3d printed mesh but ended up leaving it out as all of my mounting and cables ran through that vent.
uploadfromtaptalk1468870127707.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I have one complete sheet left, it is 15x11". The holes are 1/8" on either 3/16" or 5mm spacing. The plastic is soft and flexible and can be cut by scissors.
I don't remember where I got it exactly, it may have been American Science and Surplus. I used it all over on my Radioactive Ammo PC, so the sheet has been sitting in my bin of materials for a decade. (Had to clear quite a bit of dust off to take the photos :D ).

As a fellow functional prop enthusiast, how about this: Half the sheet for (7.5x11") for just the price of shipping from zip code 78613. Or the full sheet for $10 + shipping. (You decide if I cut it down to fit a flat rate box, or use a larger box). PM me to work it out.

Plastic Mesh (1).JPGPlastic Mesh (2).JPG

---

As suggestion: Once you know your full cable load, perhaps you could wire everything to a single connector. You can get up to 14 contacts + shield from a DIN connector. See this photo where I used one for VGA video. I think a DIN connector will fit into that vent slot.

I checking almoast every day to see if u already shared the file! Cant wait to start building. Any updates?

Well today is your lucky day! I have published the post on my site that has everything listed. I have added tons of photos, videos and of course STL files for the Weebo. I also tried my best to make a walkthrough of how I built mine. Please download the files and start printing your own and POST PHOTOS! Id love to see others making their very own Weebo!

GO CHECK IT OUT AT:
http://www.edsjunk.net/weebo

20160710_183621-768x432.jpg

Movies_featured-1000x312-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Cant wait to start building, in on vaction right now but this will be my main project for the next couple months!
Ill post my progress here!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back