Fallout 4 T-60 power armor build !

Here is my progress so far . It's all eva foam with a few plastic parts. I'll go through the all the details of how I am building this .

10330335_477828132402222_3184661770894442406_n.jpg10325508_477828045735564_8700148408859366009_n.jpg12715718_477828032402232_833310848772023072_n.jpg

Last edited:
I started with the boots. When I started this build there was not any Pepakura templates made yet . The boots were based off a hulk buster (comic version) Pepakura file . I figured the scale of the hulk buster would be similar to the power armor . So I'm slowly modifying the boots . I wanted this to be a tall costume , and have my feet close to where they should be in the shins, so I used insulation foam as risers. Then the legs was the next step. Made a free hand rough "prototype " leg and cut it apart to use as a patern .

Last edited:
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg Then on to the thighs. All free hand. And I wanted them connected to the shins with a hinge.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 377
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    933.6 KB · Views: 422
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    693 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    581.5 KB · Views: 274
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 2,785
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    960.5 KB · Views: 361
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    975.9 KB · Views: 309
The hinge is a plastic cap I got from tubes of plastic sheets we get at work. When the roll was used up I took the empty cardboard tube with caps. They seem to have worked well.

Strapped the shores on the foam risers with straps and buckles also had to reinforce inside of legs and make a inner framing to keep them snug to my legs.

Last edited:
The upper torso , started with the chest using Pepakura templates. Then the back. The sides I had to use the power armor frame Pepakura templates, however I'm not building the full inner frame.

Last edited:
Shoulders were also made from Pepakura templates. The scaling on all the Pepakura was pretty good for me , so I have not been changing it at all

Last edited:
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg For mounting the shoulder I wanted them to rotate so I can easily put my helmet on and take it off. So a friend of mine gave me an ideas of using a lazy Susan bearing . Which I got 2 at menards for like 15 bucks each. I put bolts and nuts on them to give me mounting points . Then fabricated a foam mount for the shoulders to attach to. Plastic caps were also used to give the shoulders a up and down movement. I can also detach the shoulders for storage.

You may get more feedback if your thread was easier to read, and your photo's rotated before uploading.
Otherwise if I turn my head sideways it looks pretty good.

That's a beast set of power armor, dude! I'm doing a T-60 build as well and your definitely outsizes mine by quite a bit. Nice job with the freehanding, that's my plan as well.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back