Hasbro now making Marvel props!

Ended up canceling my preorder for the plastic shield and switched to the metal one. The finishing and details are a lot nicer, still good value compared to other metal shields out there. Hoping it doesn't end up being too heavy, already have a Chris Fields aluminum shield for display purposes.

Not sure if legit, but Hasbro is apparently doing a poll for the next prop replica:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L9V5XHZ

Article: http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-legends-prop-replica-hasbro-fans-choice-poll/

I don't know if that is real either. But I voted for Star-Lord's helmet. And I hope others do too.

There still isn't a lot of official Star-Lord merchandise outside the typical action figures and such. And with the recent news that Groot will have a huge priority with VOL2 merchandise. I wonder if they'll bother with anything special for Star-Lord fans at all.

First in-hand pic I've seen of the metal shield, tweeted by Marvel

Cn6mw3rUEAE9vN5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious if and when we will find out about the poll results for future Hasbro props.

The metal shield looks very nice. I'll still probably end up getting the regular plastic version. I did notice in some pics the star on the plastic one doesn't have the lines on the middle of the star.

Anybody at ComicCon willing to ask at the Hasbro booth whays the deal with the Helmet?
chris

So I asked and the helmet comes out on august 1 and the metal and plastic shield goes on sale in october. Actually they are giving away a total of 5 metal cap shields.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpegimage.jpeg

They are incorrect, unless the pricing went up. The Marvel Legends plastic shield is currently up for preorder on Amazon for $104.00 plus tax and shipping.

The metal shield is up for Preorder for $275 Plus tax and shipping.

shame the plastic one doesnt have the etching on the star.

If the plastic version is $200 how much would the metal version be? What do you estimate?

That reviewer is from Singapore so that's why it costs $200. As stated above, retail in the US is $100 for the plastic version and $275 for the metal version.

I actually talked to one of the hasbro reps at their SDCC booth today, and the plastic version of the shield will be $100,but the metal one will be $200 but and will probably only be produced for a year.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back