Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Subscribe
    From
    Australia
    Jan 24, 2016, 4:49 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #26

The thing I don't get is that this thing has been in hiding for so long and sooo sort after by many and it finally turns up and people are hardly making any noise. It's like I said ages ago. People are more excited about the new pep file or foam build than something with truely awesome history. We are a dying breed and it makes me sad. What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.

Ben
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    Jan 24, 2016, 5:47 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #27

gizmo said: View Post
    The thing I don't get is that this thing has been in hiding for so long and sooo sort after by many and it finally turns up and people are hardly making any noise. It's like I said ages ago. People are more excited about the new pep file or foam build than something with truely awesome history. We are a dying breed and it makes me sad. What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.

Ben

Agreed on all.

I really don't understand not shareing these things in detail. If it were mine i'd document it more than one photo in a book.

- - - Updated - - -

Darth Niob said: View Post
    I know for sure i have seen a short clip in which you see Alec fighting with Dave and you can see how his lightsaber hits the ANH face mask. I think thats exactly the moment of the birth of the C-Scar.....its 100% a physical damage and not just painted on as some so called experts want to tell us since years.

Fist up: preach it brother.
    Last edited by scottjua; Sep 22, 2017 at 6:04 PM.
    From
    Atlanta, Ga
    Feb 1, 2016, 5:47 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #28

I usually travel to Europe once a year or so, as the wife's European and I have personal business in Sweden, with layovers in France.

Bet yer ass I'm going to spend a day here and get better photos for everybody. Missing all this time, and it turns out a Lucasfilm director in France had it??

I can see how this could happen, but not how anybody at LF didn't know..as many people have been looking for this, how is it this was NOT known at Lucasfilm HQ?
    That's my burning question.

Serious amount of iconic props and nobody knew?
    With everyone trying to find them?

Apparently, the real ark of the covenant does exist then. And aliens. Probably the money pit on Oak Island as well. That's about the epic size and scope of this guys stash. Unreal.
    Last edited by Sick Rick; Feb 1, 2016 at 7:34 PM.
    From
    Southern California
    Feb 3, 2016, 9:50 PM - Re: Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #29

Wow this has got to be the single most important and awesome Star Wars find ever. I'm speechless and nobody is commenting. That's the f$&@ing Vader ANH ORIGINAL mask people. It doesn't get any cooler!!!!!
    I respectfully disagree...

The discovery/recovery of the original Death Star model in BFE Missouri trumps this. While each helmet was unique unto themselves, there were in fact many made over the course of the trilogy, while there was only one original ANH Death Star model made.

- - - Updated - - -

Sick Rick said: View Post
    Missing all this time, and it turns out a Lucasfilm director in France had it??

I can see how this could happen, but not how anybody at LF didn't know..as many people have been looking for this, how is it this was NOT known at Lucasfilm HQ?
    That's my burning question.
    Don't lose sight of the fact that Lucasfilm lost (or lost interest in) the original Death Star model (a model that is easily worth over seven figures), and no one knew (and not sure anyone cared or was looking) until it was stumbled upon by a couple of fans in the Ozarks area of Missouri...

Weird **** can and does happen...
    Last edited by PHArchivist; Feb 18, 2016 at 1:35 PM.
    From
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Feb 3, 2016, 11:23 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #30

I'll admit that the original ANH Vader helmet is VERY cool...

But the guy also has one of the 8 ESB era R2's built by Tony Dyson!!! And it looks practically new! That's some CRAZY stuff right there!!!

I'm completely stunned at the magnitude of that collection...

Jason
  6. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    Feb 4, 2016, 12:12 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #31

Wow, both original Vaders found in one week.....and one is for sale!!!! Its Amazing!!!

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=255282
  7. Member Since
    Feb 2004
    Feb 4, 2016, 5:17 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #32

What also makes me sad is that most of these props end up in some rich ..........um persons collection and never be seen buy us not so fortunate fans. I have a feeling this is all we will see of it unless it sells sometime.If I ever win lotto I promise I'll buy as many props as I can and open them up to all interested instead of just hoarding them.
    Many, if not the majority, of the high end Star Wars props end up in a handful of collections. Most of these collectors (specifically all of the collections referenced in this thread) have shown their pieces in public from time to time. We're actually very lucky that most of the big Star Wars prop collectors are open about what they have and loan pieces to exhibits and museums. I'm not convinced that if these pieces were owned by a different set of collectors that they would behave any more altruistic with public access than the folks referenced here.

Gus
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    Feb 4, 2016, 11:15 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #33

gus said: View Post
    Many, if not the majority, of the high end Star Wars props end up in a handful of collections. Most of these collectors (specifically all of the collections referenced in this thread) have shown their pieces in public from time to time. We're actually very lucky that most of the big Star Wars prop collectors are open about what they have and loan pieces to exhibits and museums. I'm not convinced that if these pieces were owned by a different set of collectors that they would behave any more altruistic with public access than the folks referenced here.

Gus
    This is the book I want to make and do the photography for.
    From
    UK / Japan
    Feb 5, 2016, 8:28 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #34

**** the bed, he has R5D4

How much Star Wars is in the book? Might pick it up, but it is a little pricey to ship to me and I can't read French.
    From
    Southern California
    Feb 5, 2016, 9:09 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #35

gus said: View Post

Gus
    Rock on...!
    From
    Dracula's Castle
    May 7, 2016, 5:07 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #36

A pic of the ANH Vader mask I took from the Generations Science Fiction book - there are a few other SW prop pics in my collection thread:

From
    Portchester UK
    May 11, 2016, 2:40 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #37

I agree this is massive news, I've checked out all the links and this collection is just outstanding.
    The reason this thread hasn't been popular is simple.
    Day to day I hardly ever stray from my go to threads and I'm sure this is the same for most of us. It needs its own thread in Star Wars props
    Vader lives.
    Sep 21, 2017, 3:33 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #38

looks that also have the c scar, first photo tantive iv scene , second french original a new hope mask , third image tm mask, all run throught 3d program to get more detail contrast makes me wonder looks real to me Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evidence2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	119.7 KB 
ID:	760345Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evidence01.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	433.9 KB 
ID:	760344Click image for larger version. 

Name:	evidence3.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	760346
    From
    Portchester UK
    Sep 22, 2017, 5:32 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #39

Whats a 3D program @Fett22 ?
  15. Member Since
    Aug 2017
    Sep 22, 2017, 6:13 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #40

How do you explain to Emperor Palpatine that you lost the Death Star?
    Sep 24, 2017, 2:13 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #41

spacebob said: View Post
    Whats a 3D program @Fett22 ?
    Hi space bob it's a computer program that can gave you surface detail as height based on an image , so you can know it's a scratch or a bump on surface , http://www.crazybump.com/
    Sep 24, 2017, 2:19 PM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #42

I'm personally think could be some fiberglass strand, or a paint brush stiff hair in a shape or a C, that was bellow the original paint job , but could never be sure I wish I could have better pics of the grunnberg a new hope mask , I will try to replicate de paint brush stiff hair in a helmet that I have to see if that's looks kind like the same ,
    Last edited by Fett22; Sep 24, 2017 at 2:27 PM.
  18. Member Since
    Jan 2013
    From
    Fareham uk
    Sep 25, 2017, 5:09 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #43

that whole collection is amazing. the sheer amount of stuff blew me away and I bet thats not the half of it. i cant believe he has all this stuff for so long and it's only just comeing to light.

is there a french speaker that can dub this or something, I'd love to hear the interview but my schoolboy french just isnt up to it.
    From
    Portchester UK
    Sep 25, 2017, 9:41 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #44

I wonder @Fett22 could you run a pic of the efx Vader with the painted c scar through the same program for comparison?
    Sep 26, 2017, 8:43 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #45

better jet i made a video of the program and how shows the volume in real time these comparison made me convinced , that the real helmet has a physical scar opposed to efx painted one, let me know your thoughts

spacebob said: View Post
    I wonder @Fett22 could you run a pic of the efx Vader with the painted c scar through the same program for comparison?
    cheers
    From
    Portchester UK
    Sep 26, 2017, 10:35 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #46

Very interesting indeed
  22. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Germany
    Sep 28, 2017, 8:10 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #47

Fett22 said: View Post
    better jet i made a video of the program and how shows the volume in real time these comparison made me convinced , that the real helmet has a physical scar opposed to efx painted one, let me know your thoughts https://youtu.be/tJ_5-lrKii0

cheers
    The original ANH Vader faceplate in Grunberg's collection does have a dimensional C-scar. I have seen it with my own eyes when I visited the collection in France.
    Sep 30, 2017, 12:06 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #48

vadermania said: View Post
    The original ANH Vader faceplate in Grunberg's collection does have a dimensional C-scar. I have seen it with my own eyes when I visited the collection in France.
    Vadermania do you have any pictures , I will love to see them

- - - Updated - - -

I have an U.K. Lineage facemask and I am planing to sculpt the c scar so all the references will be welcome
    From
    Portchester UK
    Sep 30, 2017, 5:42 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #49

So @vadermania & @Fett22 are you both in agreement that it is a positive/sticking out detail rather than a negative/dented in mark?

On my Vader I made a negative mark and will prob leave it now as I'm the only person for whom it matters, but I may be doing another at some point
  25. Member Since
    Jul 2003
    From
    Germany
    Sep 30, 2017, 10:03 AM - Re: ANH Vader!!! Lots of Star Wars screen used props (and others Sci Fi movies) #50

Fett22 said: View Post
    Vadermania do you have any pictures , I will love to see them

- - - Updated - - -

I have an U.K. Lineage facemask and I am planing to sculpt the c scar so all the references will be welcome
    i wasn't allowed to take pics unfortunately.