Anovos Standard Edition

hbw60

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I really love the Anovos Kylo helmet, except for the $700 price tag. I've noticed that some of their items are in the Standard line, and others are in the Premier line. I have two questions relating to this:

1: Does anyone know if they're eventually planning a Standard version of the Kylo helmet?

2: When spending this much money, it's good to know if it's a solid investment, in case a resale is needed. Generally, props this expensive are part of a Limited Edition, but Anovos doesn't list a limit here. Does anyone with some knowledge of their policies know how long they tend to sell items for? I worry that if they're still churning these out in 5 years, the resale value won't be worth the initial price.

Thanks!

To address point one, I have seen Anovos state on their facebook page that standard editions are possible for Phasma. It is probably a safe bet that Kylo could see a standard release.

Value is a difficult thing to gauge. They do not have numbered editions, but I have seen Anovos say that there is no guarantee that they will keep an item in production. My personal philosophy is to collect for yourself. If it increases in value, great. If not, no big deal, it's not why I'm in this hobby.

i mean most likely they will as they have to come out with the outfits at sometime.

As for value I have already seen 1 fiberglass FO trooper helmet sell on ebay that was issued to the 501st for a high amount.

And those 501st helmets are (based on what anovos has stated) getting updated for the new upcoming premium line thus the ones for the public should be better.

I already pro ordered kylo mainly for display piece to one day get signed at the next celebration. I passed on phasma pretty much due to the crap roll she got in the movie.

Thanks so much for the input! If I bought one, I hope I'd never have to sell it. I never buy things just for a resale value. But when spending that much, it's nice to have a backup plan, just in case.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back