Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Subscribe
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    May 12, 2016, 5:10 PM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #76

That prop guy is Roger Christian : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002337/ and eventhough a rather lovely experienced propguy, who even addressed my question via an online Q&A, he is no longer quite a reliable source for answering about the material used for the lightsaber grips these days ... and I don't blame him ... it's been 40 years hence since STAR WARS was made

Chaim
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    May 12, 2016, 5:41 PM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #77

Assuming he worked on effects movies for even 20 of those last 40 years, it's a lot of time to forget what you glued or screwed/riveted to an old flash a few times for three movies.

I worked on Thomas the Tank Engine for 5 years. 88 Episodes. 4 Movies.

I used to be able to tell you every characters name. Every station

I can tell you now that they are trains... and want to be usefull... that's it.

That was only 4 years ago.

The two projects since have wiped my mind clean.
    From
    Dracula's Castle
    May 13, 2016, 7:33 AM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #78

Hypnotic regression is the solution
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    May 13, 2016, 10:08 AM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #79

NeoRutty said: View Post
    Assuming he worked on effects movies for even 20 of those last 40 years, it's a lot of time to forget what you glued or screwed/riveted to an old flash a few times for three movies.

I worked on Thomas the Tank Engine for 5 years. 88 Episodes. 4 Movies.

I used to be able to tell you every characters name. Every station

I can tell you now that they are trains... and want to be usefull... that's it.

That was only 4 years ago.

The two projects since have wiped my mind clean.

wait what! Thomas! Did you work on the physical mechanical trains and sets? We need to talk
  5. RPF Premium Member Edraven99's Avatar
    May 13, 2016, 11:15 AM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #80

scottjua said: View Post
    wait what! Thomas! Did you work on the physical mechanical trains and sets? We need to talk
    Yes... I need to hit you for all of the Thomas I've endured over the years from nieces and nephews the next time I see you
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    May 13, 2016, 11:32 AM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #81

Well we did two versions... 1 season of the hybrid... where the CG faces were on the Original trains, and the all CG version for the following seasons.

However, we DID have all the original trains in our studios for those 4 years, All the faces, Stations, for reference for the CG models.

Its funny, I can't even remember the name of the Studio in England where they had all the giant sets. I had to fly down there for a day, and as I type this, I couldn't tell you the name.

BTW... The original models are friggin awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Edraven99 said: View Post
    Yes... I need to hit you for all of the Thomas I've endured over the years from nieces and nephews the next time I see you
    Man, I edited 80 episodes and 4 movies. I've been punished enough.

And they were the "Sharon Miller" eps... with all the rhyming and alliteration.
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    May 13, 2016, 11:38 AM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #82

Oh dude... that's awesome though. I love Thomas... because of my son, but we both super dig it. They're fun and well made. I was always impressed with the animation and technical aspects of the production... but the old school physical models and the CG. The hybrid actually worked out really well too.

Man... where are those models now!? I want a screen used train or... even faces!
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    May 13, 2016, 12:35 PM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #83

Oh dude... that's awesome though. I love Thomas... because of my son, but we both super dig it. They're fun and well made. I was always impressed with the animation and technical aspects of the production... but the old school physical models and the CG. The hybrid actually worked out really well too.

Man... where are those models now!? I want a screen used train or... even faces!
    http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Nitrogen_Studios

Those trains are priceless... we had huge security on them. We couldn't even let our families see them.

And Thomas fans are CRAZY... they would show up unannounced at the studio.

I have a costume I made of Thomas I got signed by the director I'm planning on ebaying... see how crazy they really are!

T-tracks... Train Tracks... same thing...

Back on topic...
  9. Member Since
    Apr 2014
    From
    washington
    May 13, 2016, 9:18 PM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #84

NeoRutty said: View Post
    http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Nitrogen_Studios

Those trains are priceless... we had huge security on them. We couldn't even let our families see them.

And Thomas fans are CRAZY... they would show up unannounced at the studio.

I have a costume I made of Thomas I got signed by the director I'm planning on ebaying... see how crazy they really are!

T-tracks... Train Tracks... same thing...

Back on topic...
    You know what would be crazy? If the t track was from a model train set! But that's crazy talk.
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    4 Weeks Ago  Sep 21, 2017, 4:38 PM - Re: Are these the vintage T-tracks we've been looking for? #85

Awaiting to receive another set of vintage brown T-tracks provided by @kalkamel ... I fixed the pictures again to become visible ...

Cha´m