Kylo Ren Black Series HELMET Mods?

Alright everyone, I finally got ahold of one of these helmets. After calling every store who sells them in my city, I found a Gamestop that had 1 left. So, I plan on doing a ton of mods to this bad boy, but I wanted to ask a few questions to those who already had:

First, before I get into everything, I was wondering if taking out all the electronics would lessen the thickness of the top because my chin sticks out the bottom when I talk, and I can't push the top fitting all the way up because it won't clamp into place. I plan on just getting rid of that and adding foam to make it fit my head and be more comfortable anyway.

Next, I was curious if anyone has had any experience adding fiberglass to these plastics. I know the resin can melt some, so I'm a little scared to attempt it, but I really want to reinforce it before I cuthink and motorized the mouth part like the movie.

There are so many more things I'm going to do to this helmet, but I don't reallyou have any questions about those.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
No need for reinforcing I think, that's overkill, unless you actually plan on taking blaster bolts to the head. Joining the two shells makes the helmet plenty sturdy. And yes removing all the electronics makes the helmet sit better on your head.

As far as it not clamping together tightly, I took a que from another RPF member and used a soldering iron to "weld" or melt the two halves together. Just make sure you hold the pieces tightly together when working.

Thank you. I'll probably remove the electronics and add my own, as the voice changer could be a lot better. I want to add fiberglass because I'm going to be making the mouth part move up and down like in the movie with the press of a button.

As far as it not clamping together tightly, I took a que from another RPF member and used a soldering iron to "weld" or melt the two halves together. Just make sure you hold the pieces tightly together when working.

This is also, what I did. Works great.

This is also, what I did. Works great.
I apologize for the misunderstanding here. What I meant by what I said was the top part of the fitting that goes around your head doesn't go to the last little hole because when I put it there, it doesn't clamp in the helmet correctly. I'm going to bonds the entire helmet, so I'm not worried about that.

If your head is too big for the head strap, Like mine was, just remove the sucker! It's so uncomfortable with the cheap straps anyway. Pad the inside with foam and it'll be tons more comfortable.

Can anyone tell me what parts you need to weld with the soldering iron?
Like, on a picture or something.

The parts you need to close up to make the helmet one piece instead of two half shells is the seam where the two connect, the battery compartment on top, and the the two temple/side buttons. Thats pretty much it. If you have your helmet with you it should be easy to see,

Does anyone have the measurements (height, width, depth) of the black series helmet?

L 12" front to back
W 9.5" at widest point
H 9" top to bottom of chin

The parts you need to close up to make the helmet one piece instead of two half shells is the seam where the two connect, the battery compartment on top, and the the two temple/side buttons. Thats pretty much it. If you have your helmet with you it should be easy to see,

Could you post it on a picture? I don't have mine yet, and I want to be completely sure.
Sorry if I'm being annoying.

Sorry I dont have pics of how mine originally was, I modded it the same day. But you'll see when you get yours. its REALLLY obvious. lol

Sorry I dont have pics of how mine originally was, I modded it the same day. But you'll see when you get yours. its REALLLY obvious. lol

And will it look good if I weld those parts? I won't be adding an extra layer or paint or anything.
Just want to be sure. I'm also pretty sure I know what parts to weld.
I know where the buttons on the side and the battery compartment are. The seams are those things you slide in the front half, right?

The seams is where they connect, yes. If you don't paint over the seam it'll be visible especially after the welding.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back