UD Replicas suit / general cosplay tips + tricks

disasterology

Jr Member
Does anyone have any suit-wearing or other tips and tricks associated with wearing, putting on a suit, etc. that you wish you knew before getting into everything the first time? I'm asking, because I am new myself, my suit should be here probably at the end of March 2016! Looking to compile tips for myself and others that would be helpful in this awesome, new venture! Some tips I've picked up just talking to other suit-owners and cosplayers:

-A pair of suspenders can be used to help keep the pants up for a better fit and will stay hidden from sight.

-Padding can be used to give a cowl a more snug fit for smaller heads (although I am unsure of the process of doing this).

-UnderArmour Tactical hood or other similar balaclava is useful to wear under a cowl to wick away sweat and prevent chaffing.

There might be more, but this is all I can think of at the moment. Have any to add?

Also you can take the crash padding out / back in as needed. That can adjust the fit some.
Just wearing the suit for a bit around the house can help to "break in" the leather. It might feel a little stiff at first.
You'll love the suit!

Also you can take the crash padding out / back in as needed. That can adjust the fit some.
Just wearing the suit for a bit around the house can help to "break in" the leather. It might feel a little stiff at first.
You'll love the suit!
Thanks, I ordered the Arkham Knight suit! What do you all wear underneath? I was thinking of some Under Armour moisture-wicking compression gear? Compression shirt, shorts, and underwear.

I did a long sleeve just because there are Velcro areas within the UD sleeves for the crash pad armor. It can rub against your arm while wearing it, so my long sleeve helps prevent that from happening.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back