One Punch Man Genos Arms!!

antigravitycake

MAIN POST CONTAINING PROGRESS!! :D

i decided to gather some reference photos and get to work modelling his arms. heres some progress so far.

genos.jpg 12219547_10206716946295264_1446261599701430375_n.jpg View attachment 557191
i may end up posting the final unfolds if anyone else is interested in the files! any opinions would be appreciated.

i intend to do the lighting with EL panels. a load of them. battery in a chest harness where the chest lights are.

finished the arm. now for the chest piece which will house the lights that shine through the shirt.
Untitled.png 111111.png Untitled.png
here you can see the parts more spread out, the tip of the bicep showing. this was mostly made with the idea of the panels being stuck to an under armor long sleeve top.

and after downloading so many iron man amors here is my gift back to the community.

a few notes,
the hands were done to be made with paper not foam because they are small and finicky. simply reverse the pattern to make your second chest piece and hand. the arms are symmetrical so you can make the same again and just turn the forearm around.

enjoy!

http://www.4shared.com/file/vtAMJmiVce/completed_1.html

p.s if youre doing a build dump a few photos in the thread and keep it alive!

MODEL UPDATE!!!
Untitled.png
aesthetic updates!! will post the pep files soon!

link to the model

Untitled.png

http://www.4shared.com/file/aSiHS98-ce/Genos_object_file.html?

Please note this is only the object file. pep designer can open this but it is unfolded at the moment.

quick notes:

*the hands were intended to be printed on to card stock then re-enforced with resin, and the finger segments glued on to some under armor gloves or any thin gloves.

*the funny part on the back was intended to be used with webbing and buckles to hold the whole piece on.

*the elbow was intended to be seperate and attached to an under armor long sleeve top so it covers up when outstretched and exposes when the arm bent.

*scaling tip, i measured from my shoulder to my wrist with my arm in the same position as the model, increase or decrease the scale of the model then measure the distance between the inside upper part of the shoulder ring to the wrist of the model. always print test pieces before getting knee deep and finding out it doesnt fit!!

these are just my intended tips, if youre a pep veteran do as you please and as always please post progress!

Last edited:
Wow, this is really awesome!
I just started to watch One Punch Man and this is perfect!
I'd happily unfold this for you, if you'd like!
Subscribed!

Will you be sharing the pdo file for the arms? This is my first time making something like this, and yours looks like the highest quality one out there so far:D

Will you be sharing the pdo file for the arms? This is my first time making something like this, and yours looks like the highest quality one out there so far:D

im going to scale them so they are in proportion with normal arms plus a little breathing room. ill be getting to work on them later :D

alright guys the chest harness is done. designed to be strapped on with webbing buckles. would you prefer i take the time to unfold or release the 3D files as an object for somebody else to unfold?

111111.png
if there are any changes or issues or modifications you are concerned about, now is the time to let me know! :D

WOW!! It looks really good! I'd say go ahead and unfold it, if there are any problems you'd be able to catch them more quickly I would think..

I can give unfolding a go; I've never done it before, though. Looking at your past threads, it looks like you'd be more qualified. My only nickpick is that in the screens, it looks like there's more body to the elbow, like more extending from the forearm

Last edited:
I can give unfolding a go; I've never done it before, though. Looking at your past threads, it looks like you'd be more qualified. My only nickpick is that in the screens, it looks like there's more body to the elbow, like more extending from the forearm

yes thats deliberate, in the photos his elbow is a ball joint so i made the elbow as ball like as possible. this means it protruding out a little so the rest can bend around to the inside of the arm

Last edited:
Untitled.png spent about an hour "normalising" random reversed faces that kept popping up when imported to pep designer. seems i can remove all but the fingers for some reason. ill get to work unfolding these later. the finger segments are symmetrical anyway so they shouldn't be an issue. then its a case of flipping the arm pattern and making the other.

you can literally make all parts twice and just turn them around if you wanted to. great for the mold casting on a budget! right i have a busy day ahead ill be posting later! :D

P.S you can see some readjustments in this screenshot, the parts are more spread out and more details showing at the tip of the bicep etc.

alright guys the chest harness is done. designed to be strapped on with webbing buckles. would you prefer i take the time to unfold or release the 3D files as an object for somebody else to unfold?

View attachment 572108

if there are any changes or issues or modifications you are concerned about, now is the time to let me know! :D

Offered up my unfold services back when you started the thread. I can give it a go if you'd like!
You did an amazing job!

A few days old but, I would definitely be interested in seeing an unfold of this. These are the arms I've been trying to find rather than his silver ones. Great work on the modeling, would love to try doing these out of craft or 1/2 inch foam. EL panels might be a good way to go, but I'd be concerned about the brightness(or lack thereof) in bright lighting or sun light. Still, it's worth a shot.

Not sure if this has been covered. But is this a paper/card stock pattern or EVA Foam build?

Love the files by the way! Awesome work!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back