Kylo Ren's lightsaber hilt bladebuilders customization + PAINT Video

damienkazan

Hello everyone !

I am making this thread to show you this Kylo Ren's bladebuilders lightsaber that I customized, I added a real wire, trimmed the cross guard to make it less round, removed some pieces that I resculpted, but most of all I worked a lot on the painting of the lightsaber, the burns on the cross guard, the metal aspect ect.. I used the photos of the hilt that was shown at Celebration 7 as model.

Here's the video, I wanted to add some photos but for some reason RPF won't let me :(

If you want some photos please message me !

Hope you'll enjoy it !

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great man! I hope its not too much to ask if you could make a tutorial video for disassembling and other modifications you did. It would be a great help for me and probably some other people as well. At the moment I don't have the time to build a replica saber and this would be helpful to make a stand in for halloween. Because I don't have this saber yet I couldn't really tell all the changes. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup

That looks great man! I hope its not too much to ask if you could make a tutorial video for disassembling and other modifications you did. It would be a great help for me and probably some other people as well. At the moment I don't have the time to build a replica saber and this would be helpful to make a stand in for halloween. Because I don't have this saber yet I couldn't really tell all the changes. Keep up the good work! :thumbsup

I concur with Mike, lets see the build pics. Nice job.

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys it's very appreciated ! I doubt there will be any tutorial video, BUT, here's the lightsaber I used, as you can see the wire isn't at the right place on the hilt (almost centered on the hasbro toy) so I removed it, I trimmed the cross guard to make them less round, as you can see on the picture below the edges of the cross guard is pretty round (for them to be safe for the kids), the little parts that attach the wire weren't accurate either. I also removed the left and right pieces in the "A" section (check the photo) that I resculpted in Fimo modelling clay (gets hard and resistant as stone when you heat it in the oven), I also redone the "B" piece on the side of the hilt to make it more accurate. Then I painted it, worked a lot on getting the right tone, I then used a real wire that actually enters the hilt (I made little holes the size of the wire in the hilt).

maxresdefault.jpg

Let me know if you have more question ! I plan to paint some 3D prints too, if I do I'll buy one that doesn't have a wire, so I can add a real one, looks way better.

damienkazan Nice! Thanks for clearing that up. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you said that you can take the blades out and put them back in if you want. How did you go about that? Or did I just hear wrong lol. And thanks again this will work perfect for a cheap stand in for Halloween

Last edited by a moderator:
@damienkazan Nice! Thanks for clearing that up. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure you said that you can take the blades out and put them back in if you want. How did you go about that? Or did I just hear wrong lol. And thanks again this will work perfect for a cheap stand in for Halloween

Unfortunately not haha what I meant is that I could cut out the blades to just keep the hilt. I could try making the cross guard longer so the blades would disapear totally in it but when you'll like to shoot them out they'd appear way smaller and it'd look ridiculous lol.

Here are some photos, (the ones on the table are from the first hilt I've made, it was sold on ebay, and the pictures on the bed are of the second one) IMG_2993.JPGIMG_2994.JPGIMG_3057.JPG IMG_4188.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4183.JPG
    IMG_4183.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 149
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back