Attention: BANDAI will stop selling kits outside Japan

Its funny but I've seen earlier production paintings/drawings of the Naboo ship where the design does accommodate R2,.....but George must have wanted it sleeker & with this & that removed.......

Yep R2's head is supposed to telescope up through the opening which has a deep collar around it....the curve of the ship then falls which means that R2's Shoulders/legs don't fit,....also the ships thickness at that point isn't even thick enough for R2 lying down,.....it just jumps out at me as nonsense,.....there must be T.A.R.D.I.S. technology applied here & on the ROTS ship

J
I'd love to see those production drawings

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well I don't have an issue with the X wing and Y wing designs. Could it be we are trying to see them as a jet thrust design. (Just spitballin here) It could be that the whole process is compartmentalized example collector apparatus, followed by some kind of particle channeling and accelerator assembly and finally an exhaust and thrust module. Under that premise available space can be allocated to other functions. Think world war 2 bomber engines for example where inside the engine cowling you had the landing gear after the engine assembly.

As for the prequels look I think Georgie boy went for aesthetics rather than functionality (trying to channel the Trek balance perhaps? very sleek designs and functionality to boot) anyway I agree that the designs of the OT are far superior and more engaging in every way. There are also a number of designs in the games and expanded universe that I would really like to see such as; the Outrider (YT-2400), the Otana (YT-2000), the TIE Defender and the Imperial Gunboat. Luckily I got my hands on a 1/144 scale of the Outrider. Here is to hoping that luck holds for the other kits on my wish list and for the TFA B kits.

True, but the Falcon's interiors don't match the exteriors, the cockpits of the snowspeeders are too small for a person to actually fit, the landing gear on the X-wings go into the engines... I gave up on the logic of Star Wars designs a looooooooooong rime ago. ;)

this is all the fault of George Lucas who hates modelers and true fans

this is all the fault of George Lucas who hates modelers and true fans

That must be why the Seaview's interiors don't match the studio model, or the Galileo's interior is bigger than the exterior, or the Jupiter II's interior has a seemingly endless amount of room whenever the writers got lazy, or the Enterprise's shuttle bay was too large to actually fit in the ship, or the Eagle's cockpit doesn't match the studio sets, etc. Nope, George Lucas hates his true fans so much he even apparently ruined almost every other sci-fi vehicle ever created too!

:facepalm

no, the other shows/movies had to make compromises limited by the technology or cost, Lucas had a blank check for episodes 1-3 and created the hateful ships

Here's what I know. No one here should have to justify their subjective tastes to anyone else. We each like what we like. There are people here excited about ships from the 1980 version of Flash Gordon, for cripes sake. Who cares?! More power to them! If every discussion about the Eagle kit was accompanied by some "true fan" chiming in about how badly the show sucked this place would be a drag to visit. I'd LOVE to see Bandai do prequel ships and armor. Not sorry if that makes anyone upset. :cheers

I just hope Bandai still has plans to look back,....OT or Prequel,.....I'm hoping for A-Wing, B-Wing, Blockade Runner,..Ep 1 Radiant 7,..Star Destroyer,...TIE Bomber,....Landspeeder,...1/72 or 1/44 AT-AT,....a 1/72 Falcon,....Imperial Shuttle

figure-wise,....AT-AT pilot,....TIE pilot,....Royal guard, Snow Trooper,....Imperial Probe Droid

Star Wars Rebels Cartoon,.....The Ghost

I'm not asking too much?

.....am I?

J

Star Wars Rebels Cartoon,.....The Ghost

The Rebels AT-ST is also pretty sweet. This season they're introducing a McQuarrie version of the AT-AT that looks cool. Revell's interpretations of Clone Wars vehicles were very generic and simplified. I'd love to see what Bandai would do to make animated ships more "real" world.

I would also like to see some old school at-ats. There's no reason the mcquarrrie ones can't evolve during the show

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You're not asking for enough. In addition to what you wish, I would like a Sandcrawler, Cloud Car, Sail Barge/Skiff combo....to start.

TazMan2000
Agreed A, B and Y wing a given, blockade runner (with different configuration options )1:144' At-At, outrider, MTT, ghost, medical frigate, queen amidala ship (moulded like c3po in chrome)
1IG-88 , Boush with Han in carbonite, commander Cody, Rex, battle droids, crab droid, Clear headed R2, sandpeople, dewback
HMP droid gunship, more pod racers,

Agreed A, B and Y wing a given, blockade runner (with different configuration options )1:144' At-At, outrider, MTT, ghost, medical frigate, queen amidala ship (moulded like c3po in chrome)
1IG-88 , Boush with Han in carbonite, commander Cody, Rex, battle droids, crab droid, Clear headed R2, sandpeople, dewback
HMP droid gunship, more pod racers,

Clear headed R2 would be cool,....a larger scale R2,....like what they had on show would be rather nice,.....they'd need to improve the head though,...no seams

J

But I'd just really love to see a company flesh out the OT fighters in 1/72. A-wings and B-wings would thrill me to death.

Agreed. I'd also like to see Bandai finish the OT TIE line with the bomber (!) and TIE interceptor. I'd just like some signal from the company that they're even thinking about a PT line. I'd be happy for them to keep focusing on OT ships to get some of the stuff we've been wanting for a looooong time, like a TIE bomber or a Blockade Runner, as long as they maybe released a clonetrooper kit or gunship too.

My daughter looked at my Bandai 3PO on the shelf and wondered whether Bandai could pull off the unfinished Ep1 version. That would be a challenge!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back